Triton MOF001 router - bushings/template guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picalilli

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - looking for some advice on the triton mof001 or other triton routers and the options to fit bushings or template guides? I'm mainly wanting something that will allow me to use templates and set up guide fences when routing freehand. I considered just getting flush trim bits with top bearings but I thought maybe having the bushings would be more versatile in the long run.

The full bushing kit from triton seems to be around £90 and the sizes are imperial (I'm not sure whether it matters if they are imperial/metric - is this just a preference thing?)

http://www.axistools.co.uk/125249
Trend also do a base that says it fits the mof001 and will then accept any trend bushings, but I'm wondering if it would also take the brass, backing ring type that you can get quite cheaply online?

https://trenddirectuk.com/trend-gb-...cwSN4ophikGkV8cf3UyT7oEm57G-FHxIaAtl0EALw_wcB
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KATSU-Rout...la-819821598615&ref=&adgrpid=79390523034&th=1
My third option is to try to make my own, but not sure if this is trickier than it seems as the cut-out for the bushings has to be bang on to ensure they fit perfectly centred...?

be great to get a steer from someone who owns one of these routers and has either the triton kit or went down the trend or make your own route.

I'd opt for the trend sub base, it works as it should and theres no headaches associated with trying to fabricate something. From there on all trend guide bushes fit perfectly.

I'd opt for the trend sub base, it works as it should and theres no headaches associated with trying to fabricate something. From there on all trend guide bushes fit perfectly.
That's where I'm leaning. Although I did just see this video where he's managed to make the uni-base fit just as well...

The Tritons do have odd bases and odd metal fences, not my first choice for handheld work but great in tables.
My main intention is to install it into a table, but I want to use it to cut curved shoulders on some tenons and wanted to use a template for that. Hence not really wanting to spend the whole £90 on a full set, looking for the most basic option. It seems like it’ll be great for a table though, I like the winding mechanism

That's where I'm leaning. Although I did just see this video where he's managed to make the uni-base fit just as well...

Excellent, ive a unibase and a tra001 in need of it. Been putting off the triton specific one due to cost and having other routers that take guides.

not my first choice for handheld work
Yes, but its a kick 4r5e powerful router. certainly the choice for panel raising by hand

I've got a TRA in my router table mounted in a ready-drilled Kreg base.I've no problem reaching the spindle lock & switch when changing cutters, during use it's controlled with an NVR, despite some saying it is awkward. I guess I have it set 'just right'. I did try a Muscle Chuck, but just could not get it to balance. The one in my DW625 is perfect.

I've got a TRA in my router table mounted in a ready-drilled Kreg base.I've no problem reaching the spindle lock & switch when changing cutters, during use it's controlled with an NVR, despite some saying it is awkward. I guess I have it set 'just right'. I did try a Muscle Chuck, but just could not get it to balance. The one in my DW625 is perfect.
This is my next problem - fitting it to a router table. The cost of the router table plates seems so much for what they are, might try to make my own or modify a cheap one from Amazon when I get to that stage

I’m actually thinking of visiting the Harrogate woodworking show this weekend - does anyone know if they tend to have discounts on the day there? I think trend are one of the exhibitors but I’ve never been to one of the shows so not sure how good they are

This is my next problem - fitting it to a router table. The cost of the router table plates seems so much for what they are, might try to make my own or modify a cheap one from Amazon when I get to that stage
Hi, have a look on the Yandles website. I recently purchased a Kreg router plate for my Triton MOF1 at a massively reduced price from them (I think it was about £30). See if they still have any in the sale, best of luck.

Before going 'cheap', consider the weight of a Triton, it could distort the plate. A Kreg saves a lot of 'faffing' about, & it comes with levelling plates.

Back