Triple Extractor WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike.C":376lqyut said:
wizer":376lqyut said:
Chems":376lqyut said:
I think tom just means hes not sure it will work but will watch with intrest.

indeed ;)

Ah I see and here's me thinking that you could see the problems I am/was going to have. :roll: :oops:

I keep on telling anyone that will listen :-({|= that dust and the extraction off is a pet hate of mine. It seems like a black art that some people are lucky enough to solve, while others are not, and for years now I have been well and truly with the latter.

How is your dust extraction? Have you got any tips?
I still keep on thinking (and asking) that I maybe better off selling the 3 extractors and buying one big one that will sort both the chip and fine dust problems out such as something like this http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/5/prod ... 795037.htm
or this one
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp? ... =1&jump=48

What do you think? Is there another extractor that would suit me better?

Or does anyone have any other tips if I stick with the 3 extractors?

For the fine dust floating around the workshop I do have a Jet/Axminster AFS2000 or the Big Brother as they used to call them. And this takes care of the fine dust extremely well, but the only problem is although it does a good job I must still be breathing some of it in before it gets to the filter, and so I would really like to stop as much of it getting into the air as I can.

The Kityuser link may work but if anyone else has got any other ideas I would really like to hear them. So has anyone any idea's?

Cheers

Mike

Chems":o9u4yas2 said:
Mike, best off starting a new thread ;)

Yeah your probably right Chems, its just that with all the money that has been spent on dust extraction, and my lack of success I am impatient to get a good setup.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Cheers

Mike

Chems":3vppx7jr said:
Apparently changing to a fine filter unit really increases the performance as its has more surface area. I thought it would be the other way around.

I think the 'performance' referred to here is the size of dust particle it will remove - obviously the finer the filter the smaller the particle it will trap. 0.5 microns seems to be the acceptable standard for a fine filter system which will deal with mdf dust etc.

The area of a given filter type will improve the flow up to a point but will also extend the period before the filter becomes blocked and limits overall system performance.

However, installing an equally sized fine filter where once a coarse filter was will reduce airflow as one would expect.

BRgds

S

Yeah I agree, I think it will reduce airflow. I know that with my RDSE-2A when I put the special cloth on the drum to make it 1 micron safe it really reduces suck.

Well, you can definitely see the difference as the second extractor is switched on. It also sounds like you've got some kind of aircraft in your workshop! :D

You'll definitely need that 16amp supply if you're intending to run all three with your 2HP saw. Maybe even 32amps. :?

well i'm selling a ade1200 (too big for the limited use it gets) if you fancy making that a quadruple fan system ;)

Chems":2zgg39at said:
3HP saw. It works fine at the mo. Just make sure the saw is on first.

3HP, of course! Sorry. :oops: I was thinking of my new bandsaw, which still draws 14.6amps on startup (I'd assume your saw draws more?).

Sounds like you could do with connecting those extractors in to a remote socket? I'm thinking of doing the same with mine, so I don't have to walk so far to turn it on/off when I'm using the bandsaw.

Wow, that put's my RP extractor to shame. I imagine it is a tad noisy though :D.

Anyway, someone asked about converting l/min to m/h. If I'm near a computer generally I'll just whack into into Google enter:

108 litres per sec in m^3 per hour

and out pops 388. Can't believe I'm the only one who uses this facility but I've never seen anyone else mention it.

Yeah I thought the same Wobbly, google is your friend. I converted the amounts in my original post when I compared the LVHP camvac with these.

About the noise, its not to bad really, all 3 are induction motors and the noise of one is the same as 3 so its hard to tell sometimes if you've got them all on as once one is on the bag is inflated, leads to a bit of prodding.

Olly, no idea what it draws on startup, theyall the DC is on a remote switch your RDSE and the HVLP but need to remove the NVR on the new ones to get it working an looks a little more complex than the oringial as the electrics are all houses up. I'll get to it when I've cleared there new home and made space for the Roubo :)

Latest posts

Back