Top Coat Advise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BambFurniture

Established Member
Reaction score
Im in the process of spraying the funiture i have built with water based paint.

My question is i want to protect the paint as the furniture is a wardrobe.

Can anyone recommend what i should use as a top coat to protect the paint?? Ideally something i can spray through my gravity fed spray gun.

Any advise woud be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

What paint have you used? Some are surprisingly tough, but otherwise I've sprayed Morrells w/b lacquer and even used the surplus to recoat my maple flooring (still spotless). Min order is for 5 litres. Details here.

Hi, thanks for the info, i have already sprayed on a water based paint onto the surface so would the morrells work with that kind of paint?

Many Thanks

Would something like manns clear polyurethane be ok to use? If so what would you recomment i use to thin it down?

Many Thanks

Yes, Morrells and the Manns are both water based so thin with water - but only if needed; the Morrells comes ready to spray i.e. no thinning needed. Not familiar with Manns, so suggest you check with the retailer or manufacturer, unless amore knowledgeable forum member comes along.

I have used Morrell's water based lacquer for many years using a Wagner HVLP spray gun with great success If you can lay the wardrobe horizontal on some sort of A frame you will get a better application rather than it standing full height nib the paint first using high number grit paper.

Latest posts

Back