tailstock out by 1.8mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I've never used a DML36sh but for the last 10+ years I've owned it's big brother, a CL4.

The DML has a pretty good capacity and as a first lathe should serve you well.

It may be worth considering if you could stretch to a CL3 which would then allow you to upgrade it to CL4 spec, (variable speed), in the future.

Finally, I'm sure you'll get responses criticising the 1 morse taper stocks as being insubstantial - I'd advise treating them with caution, in my opinion they are 'urban myth', I have never heard of one failing and certainly have had no issue with mine.

Enjoy whatever you chose

Regards Mick

mike-bolton":neeixup7 said:
Anyone used inserts and if so are they any good?

I just bought an Axminster Spindle Adapter to allow me to use my RP2000 small chuck which is 3/4 x 16tpi on a Vicmarc lathe which has a spindle of 33 x 3.5. It works ok and runs surprisingly true but is quite long (so gives you less bed length to work with). Axminster do a 3/4 x 16 tpi to 1 x 8tpi version of this adapter as well.

Hi

I'd go for a CL2 over a DML36SH any day - it has solid bed bars, an adjustable headstock bearing and can be upgraded to variable speed, I didn't think this lathe was in current production though.

Do you have any idea of what sort of items you would like to produce?

Regards Mick

Hi

No I dont think it is still in production, I meant second hand I've seen a few knocking about around the £200 mark.

So the cl2 is a good lathe then?

I'm meanly going to be turning bowls, goblets and boxes for now.

Hi

I think the CL2 is fine - have you seen the Poolwood variable speed lathe for sale on here?

Regards Mick

Back