Table saw blades - best all-rounder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richnfamous

Established Member
Reaction score
(sorry if this has come up before)

I'm looking at replacing my 10" table saw blade sometime soon. not being any kind of expert on these matters, I'd like some advice on the best all-round blade on the basis of price/performance... I use the saw mainly for timber and the odd bit of ply, with both rip and cross cuts

TIA

Piece of string question, but whatever piece of string you decide on, it needs to be bought from Ian at TUFFSAWS.
He even gives advice between making blades. =D> =D>

awwcrap. But at least he knows now where to get good bandsaw blades from (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)
I have been very impressed with the freud 62 tooth on my mitre saw, for superb cross cutting of soft and hardwood I'm going to fit it to my table saw asap (did I tell you I have a table saw now? =D> =D>

I’ve not much experience but swapping to Freud blades on a better saw has been eye opening. The finish is night and day to anything I’d had previous with Marita/dewalt/triton blades.

Fits

Freud all the way, but get a selection, 24t for ripping, 48t as general purpose, and 60t for cross cutting and sheet materials, if only able to get one for now get a 48t, as it will rip and cross cut but it will leave a little tear out on sheet materials, and don't go too big a section on the ripping,

Go to the Swedex web site and download their brochure. They have one of the best I’ve seen explanation of saw blade technology that will help you make an informed decision.

I find their blades to be some of the best I’ve ever used.

dynax":1t7kxd3u said:
Freud all the way, but get a selection, 24t for ripping, 48t as general purpose, and 60t for cross cutting and sheet materials, if only able to get one for now get a 48t, as it will rip and cross cut but it will leave a little tear out on sheet materials, and don't go too big a section on the ripping,
+1
I use Freud blades on my SIP 01332, good blades that don't break the bank. Doubt I would buy other makes now.

Back