Table Saw Adivce

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBoyle

Reaction score
Hi, new here.

I am looking for a table saw to mainly remove the tongue and grove of redwood cladding as it will save money on buying planed redwood at the size i need. I will use it for other stuff but mainly the above.

Not sure what would be a good saw to get, looking to spend up to £1200.

If any one can help advise me i'll be grateful.

Daniel

I've just bought myself one of these http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Bosc ... 20Carriage with a gravity rise stand, as it suits my purpose in mobility, and after doing much trawling on you tube and the interweb, I decided it was sufficiently shiny.

It's not landed yet, (It's due tomorrow, and Swmbo is at work heheheh) however I did nip down to Axminster tools the other day to drool and poke about with the one on display 8).

I know its designed as a site saw, however its got some very good features , appears well built and has a sturdy fence, which is more can be said for the abysmal Clarke Yellow Peril I bought from machine mart last year ( used twice bloody dangerous) I noticed some vibration on the blade and found all the motor mount screws had vibrated loose, well that totally destroyed my confidence in using the machine so its a costly lesson learned. "buy not so cheap bobbins quality tat, buy twice".... grrr.

Anyway, that's the primary reason I was in the market for a new table saw, what swung my decision on the Bosch was its mobility, My work space is in flux at the moment as I'm waiting on planning permission for a new man cave, so my garage is stuffed with clutter and I am doing most of my tinkering on the patio under a gazebo... Not ideal I know, but It's going to come in handy being able to store the saw in the garage , with its compact footprint, and as a bonus,I can see it coming in very handy when project Man cave begins.

That is assuming, I live that long 8)

Back