Super Service From LN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I hope I will not get the same reaction to this as to my suggestion that LN made a duff chisel.

LN have replaced my duffer with a superb example. Sharpened to the same state and used on the same elm and ebony for a while this edge has not crumbled, it has stayed keen and cut wonderfully.

I have expressed my thanks to both the chisel department for the chisel and the customer services lady Michelle for her help and assistance.
Excellent service from a company suppling excellent tools

Glad to hear everything is sorted now, luckily none of mine have turned out like the first one you recieved!
Did you send it back to LN? Did they offer any info as to what the problem was?

I see a chance to have a little gloat here :lol:

On the 29th December I got my chrissy pressy wrapped in bubble wrap

347875567_3e34fa232a_o.jpg

No blade protectors!!!!! No box to put them in!!!! Any Ideas?

Glad to hear everything is sorted now, luckily none of mine have turned out like the first one you recieved!
Did you send it back to LN? Did they offer any info as to what the problem was?

No mention of what the problem was, just a straight replacement without any quibbles.

On the 29th December I got my chrissy pressy wrapped in bubble wrap

No blade protectors!!!!! No box to put them in!!!! Any Ideas?

Yes send them to me, I will look after them for you. It will keep your finger away from those nasty sharp pointy edges :wink:

I may buy some more now

Bean":12n2w5el said:
Yes send them to me, I will look after them for you. It will keep your finger away from those nasty sharp pointy edges :wink:

I may buy some more now

Ok they are a bit sharp, but not honed to my spec as yet. 8)

About the blade protectors..... I recall some time back seeing a pic on the Woodnet forum some one had used what looked like a thick black cardboard tube, very well made, I've no idea what they originated from but they were perfect for the job. :?

Lord Nibbo":2ig2fnc7 said:
Surely putting LN chisels in the same shot as LV catalogues should have caused some sort of shift in the space time continuum? In fact, could this explain the recent unsettled weather...? :-k :D

Alf":208ke5ij said:
Lord Nibbo":208ke5ij said:
Surely putting LN chisels in the same shot as LV catalogues should have caused some sort of shift in the space time continuum? In fact, could this explain the recent unsettled weather...? :-k :D

Your eye for detail amazes me, I never noticed honestly, really honestly... The truth is when I took the pic I had been thumbing through their hardware catalogue for those bloody double cranked hinges but it's a bit out of date 2004/2005, I see LV don't mention any hardware catalogues now, just the tool catalogue, are they available these days or are they printed as one?

Yes they do, just been and had a look.... ](*,) (homer)

Yeah I've got a copy of the latest one here - somewhere. One of these one of us is going to have venture up/down country and meet up you know, even if it's just to drool over LV catalogues. My family simply don't understand... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

there must be a cure for this sickness other than breaking open the wallet, or cutting up the credit cards :twisted: :twisted:

i would think that if my old LV catalogue is anything to go by, and with Rob's well known problems with canadian post office, i wonder if they have decided to split the catalogue to ensure the postage charges are smaller.

can i suggest checking out the web site under "hardware" :roll:

paul :wink:

LN

You shouldn't be doing gloats like this, do you realise how many people out there you are making jealous?

Having said all that nice chisels.

Back