LN Chisel Problem Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all I promised everybody an update. I have been conversing with a lady called Michelle at LN, they are also puzzeled by the crumbling edge. They have suggested a couple of things to improve the edge, these I have tried and I have had no improvement. In light of this LN have offered to replace the chisel.
Super service from this company, its only a shame that they let a duff one through the quality net.
Still I suppose an occasional duff one shows how good they really are.

There isn't only one though is there (Conger etc)?

The main point is they are replacing it without any trouble, and that IMHO is an essential part of a good company. Didn't Tony have a problem with a LN tool which they replaced straight away without any problem and even let him keep the old one?

I hope your replacement works well.

Cheers

Mike

I suppose one of the lessons from this episode is to try out new tools as soon as one can, take nothing for granted!
Any doubts get it returned as quick as possible, most reputable vendors would have a no quibble return policy in such an event.

In this instance, I would imagine the manufacturer would be most anxious to test the returned product to establish where the fault crept in etc.

Back