sub £200 bench top / pillar drills - whats the one to get?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gutted! Didn't make it back from work in time :cry:

Thanks all for the info, the search goes on and at least i have a much better idea of what im after

Dean

introuble!":doird6ld said:
Gutted! Didn't make it back from work in time :cry:

use a sniper like goofbay in future - then it doesnt matter if you arent arround when the auction closes

someone got a bargain tho 56 nicker :shock: if i'd realised it was gonna be that cheap i'd have had a punt myself

Never bothered with using one before, that has to change now though! Damn the surf control at work.....

Seem to be popping up here and there though so it's only a matter of time, hopefully a goodie will come my way soon

i just had another look and there are currently 8 fobcos on ebay , including those on buy it now - but all are three phase

the good news is that they appear to be dual voltage so you could wire them in delta instead of star and use with an inverter - and inverters for that relatively low power application would start at about 50 quid

see here

the nearest fobco to the south coast is in high wycombe, bucks - but several of them say they are open to couriers collection

big soft moose":12891yvk said:
someone got a bargain tho 56 nicker :shock: if i'd realised it was gonna be that cheap i'd have had a punt myself

Do a completed items search on meddings, fobco, etc and you'll see that sort of price is not that unusual. Maybe fits and spurts of more bidders looking for one, so some patience may be required to get what can knowledgably be called "a bargain", rather than just a reasonably OK deal for a nice drill. Different if it's someone else's money, I suppose.

Have had a look at all of the above :) The inverters sound good, basically will think of that as a big plug! If a good 3 phase turns up for the right money and leaves enough for a inverter within budget then its on the list as workable for me.

Just need a flurry of people wanting to sell drills now and the patience to wait for the right one! Once again thanks for all the info, properly helpful to get advice from you all on this.

Blister - Thanks for the emails today, close but not quite for me - i appreciate you taking the time anyway.

Dean

Back