Shop Vac - Starmix, Mafell, metabo etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shrubby":14atbczs said:
Just to clear up any confusion - Numatic hepa-flo bags have 78.4% arrestance at 0.3 micrometres this falls short of the standards required for HEPA - H13 or H14. It isn't evenE10 or E11 standard it's just canny marketing which many people have misread
Numatic have finer dust bags called Micro-flo which use a machine with a ridged lining so the whole surface area of the bag is used which reduces surface load rates on the filter media to reduce dust penetration
Maiben, I would use the original spec bags either fleece for wood dust or the open plastic sacks for masonry dust where the filter shaker maintains suction. A simple intercepter tank will preseperate coarse chips which can be disposed of safely and save filling up bags .This interceptor can be made from a metal or plastic drum with a removable lid - you just need two hose fittings in the lid ; one in the centre going to the vac and one near the edge at 45 degrees angle which goes to the dust producing tool
Matt
Love this site, so much info I wouldn't find anywhere else

Thanks matt

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Shrubby":meapsf7e said:
Just to clear up any confusion - Numatic hepa-flo bags have 78.4% arrestance at 0.3 micrometres this falls short of the standards required for HEPA - H13 or H14. It isn't evenE10 or E11 standard it's just canny marketing which many people have misread

Matt

Can you point me to a site that gives this information on the Numatic hepaflow bags please? have done a search of Numatic's site and others and can not find any.

Mike

Sorry for the delay Mike
Your right about the Numatic uk site it's very poor on technical info like dust classes and filtration
My info came from German dealers
They quoted the finer micro-flo bags as 99.4% at 0.3 micrometres
Matt

Back