Shop Vac - Starmix, Mafell, metabo etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maiben

Reaction score
Hello

I bought the Starmix ARDL-1635 EWSA and I am wondering is there any owners here of this vac or the equivalent Metabo asr 35 or Mafell S25 that could tell me is it possible to change the power tool socket on the vac from the eu 2 pin to the uk 3 pin?

I have searched the web for parts of all these vacs and i cant seem to find anything in relation to a uk 3 pin socket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I am not sure as i have not received the item yet but it does not mention anything in the items accessories list

German so i assume it wont come with any uk adapters, but if there is extensions as you say where would i find them?

Hmm, you'd have to build one I guess. Find something with a removable 2 pin plug (the vac's likely to have that anyway, or moulded), wire that onto a short 3 pin socket extension lead - that's pretty much what Metabo give you out of the box in the UK anyway.

You need to buy a Berker Panel Socket in UK 3 pin. It should be a simple swap for the Schuko (euro) style
Matt

Sorry Wuffles your not correct, 16amp Euro machines have a moulded two pin socket that needs the cable I have shown to connect to a UK socket, I use lots of them in my French workshop.

Mike

MikeJhn":132jpi6q said:
Sorry Wuffles your not correct, 16amp Euro machines have a moulded two pin socket that needs the cable I have shown to connect to a UK socket, I use lots of them in my French workshop.

Mike

No, Wuffles is correct. The machine has a 2 pin euro socket as the power take off, so he needs to convert from euro 2 pin connectivity to UK spec 3 pin to enable the use of his existing power tools.

Shrubby":96x7ze6d said:
You need to buy a Berker Panel Socket in UK 3 pin. It should be a simple swap for the Schuko (euro) style
Matt

I thinks this could be exactly what I am looking for , thanks matt

n0legs":14eawvuo said:
MikeJhn":14eawvuo said:

Mike

No, Wuffles is correct. The machine has a 2 pin euro socket as the power take off, so he needs to convert from euro 2 pin connectivity to UK spec 3 pin to enable the use of his existing power tools.

Unless I have completely miss-understood what the OP is wanting to do I still think the solution I showed is the correct one, when the OP eventually receives his machine he will find it has a Berker type two pin socket which has male pins and is inside a shroud, the Euro end of the cable shown is female and fits inside that shroud and leaves the UK plug to connect to power.

Mike

What was referenced in the original post "power tool socket on the vac" - socket, female & on the vac would lead me (and others) to believe he's talking about the power take-off. Perhaps the OP can confirm.

What you appear to be talking about can be fixed with a UK plug, some cutters and a screwdriver.

Obviously I did miss-understand, I thought the OP was referring to the power supply to the Vac, not appreciating it was the tool power take off that was being referred to, apologies to all concerned.

That will teach me to read what is on the page and not assuming I know. (hammer)

Mike

Yes I am talking about the power take off socket for conected power tools

My question is could I replace the 2pin socket as seen here on the vac
zmf3bn.jpg

With this 3pin socket here
aytzr8.jpg

maiben":dbnr4s6n said:

zmf3bn.jpg

aytzr8.jpg

Much more elegant solution than the Metabo "extension lead". I may do the same on mine. Did you find one?

Wuffles":qfr8r2f3 said:
maiben":qfr8r2f3 said:

zmf3bn.jpg

aytzr8.jpg

Much more elegant solution than the Metabo "extension lead". I may do the same on mine. Did you find one?

Further to the recommendation of the Berker panel on page 1 of this thread, I can see that looks like about right. I'll go and take a squizz at my Metabo and let you know. Presumably the Starmix hasn't arrived yet?

http://www.spares2you.co.uk/Berker_13_A ... _W4_21221A

Back