Seeking parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant-h83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here, been wood turning for around a year now learning as I go.
I brought a draper wtl 30 last year as a first machine, not wanting anything too spectacular as I wasn't sure how I'd get on, it's been a great machine to learn on but the only thing is I'm a tad heavy handed sometimes and Iv snapped the cast tailstock, can I get one from anywhere? I know nutool, Clark and a few others produced the same lathe but I can't find anything online, any help is greatly appreciated ☺️

welcome to the forum.

you may be able to get spares, or more likely a scrap lathe that you could salvage parts from. I wouldnt spend much money doing so, because it is money that you are unlikely to ever get back, and you may be able to get a better lathe for not much more than you will spend.

I think a question to ask yourself is now that you have been turning for a year is "have you enjoyed it and are you likely to continue" if the answer is yes to both then spend money on a replacement lathe of a better quality, and turn the old one into something like a disc sander which will be useful in turning

Id love to get a new lathe but Iv got three kids and a house move to contend with at the moment. I was ideally looking for second hand anyway but if new is cheap enough it would be silly not to. I didn't know if there were some type of spares/ lathe breakers about, I'm struggling to get a picture on as I'm on my phone at the mo

Have you contacted Draper? I had a problem (of my own making) with one of their compound mitre saws; it took them a couple of days to respond but they then provided the part I'd broken for a couple of pounds.

**update** after contacting draper with no joy and searching the net high and low also not getting anywhere fast I have decided to contact Clarke tools, they still produce this lathe and fingers crossed they haven't changed the design.
I can see me brazing it back together as its only cast

Back