scheppach ts2500 rise & fall trouble

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowburner

Reaction score
The rise and fall mechanism on my ts 2500 (it's 8 years old or so) was gradually getting stiffer and stiffer until eventually the threads on the spindle nut stripped. Needless to say, this happened while I was in the middle of a staircase build. Not having a replacement part and not having the time to wait for it, I made up a temporary solution, which worked for a couple of years. That solution is now unsuitable so it's time to put in a new rise and fall spindle nut.
I wonder if anyone else has done this and if so, how do you get the original spindle nut out? Any other advice on this would be most welcome.

Hi,

I changed one last night… It’s a two man job and you will get very dusty!!!.

First tilt the blade about 10 degrees, for access later.
Tip the saw bench onto its left hand side (very heavy) then give it all a good vacuum.
Fist unwind the spindle as far as you can go and then undo the bearing clamping bracket that the spindle runs through,handle end.
(two 13mm nuts and bolts)
To withdraw the spindle fully from the nut 1/2 of the bracket need to pass through the opening on the face of the saw bench and this is why you needed to put about 10 degs on the saw.

The Spindle nut should now be free from the spindle.
With a flat bladed screwdriver push the spindle nut up and grab it with a set of mole grips to extract.
It will come out, but probably not on your first attempt!

Fit the new nut in place and then reverse the procedure with your helper winding the spindle in as you line everything up. Then lubricate the spindle.

Next part is very important, you need to lubricate the rise and fall mechanism at the top of the machine this is a 1/2 moon shaped cut out with a silver plate, you will soon find it when you helper moves the blade up and down. This if not lubricated it puts strain on the Spindale nut.

hope this helps

Regards,

David

David,
thank you very much for that. You are spot on about the lubrication of the half moon bracket - I presume that over the years the weight of the motor pulls the rise and fall assembly tighter and tighter to the panel resulting in increased friction/resistance.

I have one of these, and have noticed the rise/fall getting stiffer. Most of above is well explained and I reckon I can get under etc and lubricate... but where is this half-moon cut-out please?

If you go onto the scheppach website click on….. products, workshop, circular saw, 2500ci details, spare parts

You will find an exploded diagram of the saw, on the 3rd page in the centre you will see a large rectangular plate with two holes, the right one is a circle and the left is the moon shaped hole (well it looks like a moon when you are upside-down with sawdust in your eyes at 10 to midnight :) )

Anyway if this fails get someone to move the saw up and down when you are under it and you will soon see all the moving parts.

Regards,

David

Back