Router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinny

Established Member
Reaction score
With the bench done it was time move on to the first "wheeled" project, the router table. Its taken a a few days but is now finished. I did start out taking some pics for a WIP but the impetus of the build took over and before I thought about it again it was almost done.

The top is 2 pieces of 18mm mdf laminated. I made a router jig for cutting the dado for the t-track, seems to work well.
The fence I've had for a while (it came from Tilgear over a year ago and was on offer at the time of purchase). The finish is 3 coats of danish oil with a wire woold rub down between coats. Don't know if it'll last, if it scratches off I'll rub it all back and wax it.

The wheels are from Axi and are very good, the lock not only locks the wheel but also the bearing so with 2 locked off its very stable, havn't needed to lock all 4 off yet.

Space under the drawers will be for jigs/feather boards etc.

IMG_0372.jpg

Pleased with how the cabinet base turned out
IMG_0373.jpg

The plumbing

IMG_0374.jpg

Cheers

Vinny

Hi, Vinny

Nice router table!

The door looks like a microwave oven, I think you should stick a picture of chicken tikka on the inside of the door and some fake timer knobs on. :wink:

Pete

lol Pete, I didn't look at it in that light before now, but now that you mention it..... :lol:

It was actually the template for cutting the insert plate into the top, it fitted perfick.

Vinny

Nice table, this is next on my list to build, i have a small thing i knocked up some time ago as space was tight, now i have moved i would like a full sized one.

The insert, does this support the router as well?

Yes the insert does support the router - you have to mark and drill your own holes though. I used to have one of the black phenolic plastikky ones but it didn't react well to having a lump hammer dropped on it, this one is ally and much better IMHO.

Excellent thank you. I have the Trend T11EK in my current table and wished to continue using the base plate hight adjustment nut (you can adjst the hight of the bit while the router in in the table from the surface of the table), at first glance these inserts looked to not support this but if all i need do is drill a hole in the correct place large enough i need look no further for a solution :)

Latest posts

Back