rojek - advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvage

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my workshop and have been looking at some Rojek
machines - P/T and a spindle moulder

Just wondering if any members here have any experience with these machines or advice on this manufacturer

thanks

Salvage

No experience, just hearsay - much, much better engineered than Chinese stuff, much better than Taiwanese, in the 'trade' category, but in the sense of being in the Robland league - more robust than that, but a little more crude with it. That's just a generalised sense of what people think, and may be completely inaccurate.

Jake":3ayp7rbx said:
No experience, just hearsay - much better engineered than Chinese stuff, much better than Taiwanese, in the 'trade' category, but in the sense of being in the Robland league - more robust than that, but a little more crude with it. That's just a generalised sense of what people think, and may be completely inaccurate.

Thanks for your input Jake, this is the impression I get too , just thought I'd
ask for other opinions before I part with any cash. I took a look at a couple
in axminster's showroom BUT no live demo - like you said they're not sophisticated machines but certainly solid by modern standards and the working capacity's suit my needs .Still undecided at the moment :?

Jake":2k3bunfe said:
Try asking on the other place - it's the sort of kit that you are more likely to find people who have actually used/seriously considered it over there: http://trevera25.proboards85.com/index.cgi

Thanks for the link Jake -

I've taken a look and it seems like members there have expensive taste - Felder etc , I asked anyway we'll see what responses I get , anything useful/informative I'll post it back here for general reference

Salvage

Rojek comes up in FW from time to time, sound well made but a bit agricultural - maybe something on the Taunton website?

ivan":3hzfxt2d said:
Rojek comes up in FW from time to time, sound well made but a bit agricultural - maybe something on the Taunton website?

Not sure where you mean Ivan - have you got a link ?

Rojek can be bought with confidence. They are properly engineered and considerably superior to any of the Asian stuff that I have seen. They are inclined to use plenty of cast iron whch means that their machines are very heavy but, once you have sited it, that can only be a good thing.

I'm not aware of any other make available in this country at the moment that occupies the same market postion, in other words, very much aimed at professionals but at prices very much below that of the professional german/austrian stuff.

Have a hunt round at Taunton.com in the Fine Woodworking section. I'm pretty sure they've featured Rojek P/Ts and a combination- panel saw/shaper/planer. You can acess some tool reviews without having to pay a subscription.

Memory says they said that SMC and Felder etc had more clever design features and the Rojek was simpler with plenty of heavy cast iron. I don't think they were very keen on the Robland combi, can't remember why.

Hi,

I think you can buy Rojek without too many worries.

I looked at them before I bought my Felder combo. I thought that they were well built and quite strong given all of that cast iron. A little less engineered than Felder and less well designed but still able to do a good job.

To settle your mind I would take a straight edge and maybe a dial guage with you and test the machine in on demo. Test flatness of saw bed/router bed etc. Test parallelism of blade and fence. Ask what the factory tolerances are.

I recall that maybe 4 or 5 years ago FWW did a test of all of the major combi machines inc Rojek. Rojek came out as OK for the middle range specs and were praised as well put together but not the finest accuracy of engineering. Arguably you don't need the finest engineering afterall.

Good luck
Alan

Back