Reclaimed pine coffee table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mar_mite

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just made this table for my in-laws. They recently moved from a house they lived in for 40 years. Anyway the new owners were having a loft extension added so I grabbed a load of old rafters out of the skip. This is the resulting table. Finished with sanding sealer and wax. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 859
Nice one!
What a criminal waste it would have been if you had not intervened. And very nice for your in-laws to have a souvenir of their old house.

Cheers mate. My father in law is a sentimental old git. I haven't given it to them yet. It's a moving in present once the builders have finished in the new house.

Looks great and really satisfying to recycle stuff, bet your inlaws will be chuffed :)

I kept some old rafters from when we had our loft conversion done many years ago, and a few years back I ran some through the bandsaw and planer thicknesser and table saw to make some traditional style kitchen shelves and brackets. SWMBO was most impressed that I was making stuff that wasn't round for a change ! :lol:

Cheers, Paul

Back