Random Orbital Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyW

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy all. I know there are a lot of discussions to be read on the ROS topic, and I have gone through (I think) most of them.

I just wanted your thoughts on the Bosh Gex 125-150

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section/4589/sn/BSHGEX125150#.V0cAvsv2ZaR

Within my budget and from what I've read, seems to be a decent machine with decent options etc.

Your valued opinions are much appreciated.

Jonny

I have that model
I use it certainly every week to do a variety of jobs
The dust catcher works but far better on a shop vac
It's been faultless in operation
Gives a fine finish
I use it almost exclusively with the 150mm discs
Ian

Think someone said they struggle with Mirka Abranet discs, if that's important to you, bear it in mind or at least check that out beforehand.

I did! My Bosch sent Abranet discs flying. I've just bought a Rotex so hopefully that won't have that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. Food for thought.

What ROS are good with the abranet?

I've read about that stuff and it sound excellent.

Jonny

Abranet do, do interface pads so that might be an option. I did buy one but then bought the Rotex. I've got a Bosch for sale with the Abranet interface pad if you want it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha. Thanks for that. I'd be tempted however I'm trying to use up £68 worth of D&M points!

Are you happy with your Rotex?

JonnyW":119gpkyc said:
Howdy all. I know there are a lot of discussions to be read on the ROS topic, and I have gone through (I think) most of them.

I just wanted your thoughts on the Bosh Gex 125-150

I have one, I chose it over a Festool because I have the beginnings of a carpal tunnel problem and the Bosch's vibration figures are the lowest in it's class. It's also a very good sander.

Could I propose the metabo 450sx. I have one and it is great. I also recommend the abranet

This metabo comes with a case etc

Case not always a good idea; they take up a lot of space (hammer)

I have the metabo btw, it's one of my better purchases :lol:

You just need to look for the best deal at the time

JonnyW":2tfbo7v2 said:
Cheers guys. Decision time !

I do like my cases Cordy..

Jonny

If you're mobile a case is a good thing I agree.

I had a 450 SXE and very much enjoyed using it, no problem with Abranet. I had a taste of the Festool ETC EC and frankly couldn't go back unfortunately.

makita bo6050j

back in stock for 233 at ffx tools 280 most other places,,, ive been waiting weeks for it to come back in stock

Alexfn":uzuvno7i said:
makita bo6050j

back in stock for 233 at ffx tools 280 most other places,,, ive been waiting weeks for it to come back in stock
An excellent sander. I refurbished my dining table, in situ, using the makita attached to dustex 25, with abranet; superb finish, very quickly, and no discernible dust.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back