Quangsheng Rebating Block Plane Passaround

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't want to sound impatient, but have you sent it yet Matthew?

woodbloke":3c7uy1ry said:
Froggy":3c7uy1ry said:
I don't know who Matthew is or what he does, but it's a great idea.

Froggy.
Matthew is head honcho here..

That's just a rumour. Actually, it's Matthew's wife who's in charge. Matthew's just the warehouse manager :whistle:

wizer":32a99y2n said:
woodbloke":32a99y2n said:
Froggy":32a99y2n said:
I don't know who Matthew is or what he does, but it's a great idea.

Froggy.
Matthew is head honcho here..

That's just a rumour. Actually, it's Matthew's wife who's in charge. Matthew's just the warehouse manager :whistle:
Does he know that? :lol: - Rob

I for one think it's a fantastic idea.
Having been bitten by the plane bug I'm looking forward to trying these planes - before buying a nice little selection of them if they suit me.

Being a lazy sod, I can't be a£$ed to get involved in the pass around (tis a good idea however!)

Can we quickly have some reviews posted by those involved, as I'm tempted by this assuming its not a load of cr&p

Forgive me for my bemusement, but are these not similar chiwanese cheapo offerings to the ones that Tilgear were so derided for selling just a few short months ago ? :roll: Why then is there such a clamour to try them now? :?

Because..................

Like all consumers we are fickle, lack loyalty and love a bargain (even when its not!)

But you are perfectly correct about the hypocrisy

No these are not the same planes. They are regarded as well made 'copies' in the US (under the Wood River brand IIRC).

They arrived here today and I intend to do pics and maybe even video :shock:

With the best will in the world, they might not get back in the post this side of xmas. I'll try to get them posted to Olly between xmas and new year.

First impressions are impressive.

Watch this space.

Tom, I see no point in you even attempting to try and get them in the post before xmas.

Come on then, what are your first impressions of it.

Thanks, Tom, but there's no rush. I'm happy for you to wait until the new year, when things will have hopefully died down a bit. :)

Tom,

Just do your usual thing:

Drop it on the concrete floor a couple of times
Run the plane over a bit of wood embedded with a nail
Leave it somewhere warm & damp for a few days
use as a hammer
Use blade as a screwdriver

THEN report back :wink:

shhh, don't tell Matthew ;)

I've just got them next to be in bed at the moment. I will arise from my pit soon and venture out to the workshop later. Though I might not doa review today, I think I'd like a couple of plays to make up my mind.

First impressions are: I don't get an ounce of 'cheap' from looking and handling them.

By "them" I assume you have the spokeshave too??

Get up you lazy bu££er - I've done 4 hours work!!

I bet your Physiotherapist didn't say "lie in bed as long as you want"

wizer":einw3jve said:
shhh, don't tell Matthew ;)

I've just got them next to be in bed at the moment. I will arise from my pit soon and venture out to the workshop later. Though I might not doa review today, I think I'd like a couple of plays to make up my mind.

First impressions are: I don't get an ounce of 'cheap' from looking and handling them.
Tom - very interested in your appraisal of the rebating block as there's one stamped 'Blokeblock' :wink: in Matthew's wharehouse - Rob

Jim there's only so much physio you can do in one day. What else am I supposed to do? Standing in the workshop for more than an hour, hurts like hell. Sitting in a chair is a no no. It's too cold to go out? It's not like I'm enjoying it, I'm bored as hell!!

wizer":2kkvxh7c said:
Jim there's only so much physio you can do in one day. What else am I supposed to do? Standing in the workshop for more than an hour, hurts like hell. Sitting in a chair is a no no. It's too cold to go out? It's not like I'm enjoying it, I'm bored as hell!!

Moan moan moan :roll:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Wizer ,I was aware that these were not from the same Chinese manufacture as the Tillgear offerings, but they are none the less Chinese offerings. So why the general change in attitude . If I remember correctly Tillgear were berated for selling cheap copies of western goods ,with even threats of boycotting them for doing so.
Personally I wouldnt touch them as I will only buy one plane of a type in my lifetime ie one 4 1/2 one 5 1/2 etc so prefer to buy Clifton etc as the cost differential over a lifetime is insignificant. My LIe Nielsons ,Cliftons etc will allways have a considerable residual value, can the same be said of far eastern offerings? The saddest aspect to me is that the potential purchasers of these will be complaining when their jobs are lost to the far east.

Back