posting pictures how do we do it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upload your picture to a hosting site such as Photobucket or ImageShack. Then once you've done that get the URL for the image which should end .jpg and encapsulatethe image within the image tags:

Code:
[img]http://www.photobucket.com/test.jpg[/img]

Chems":38ga5nxf said:
Upload your picture to a hosting site such as Photobucket or ImageShack. Then once you've done that get the URL for the image which should end .jpg and encapsulatethe image within the image tags:

Code:
[img]http://www.photobucket.com/test.jpg[/img]

Hosting site no longer needed, the forum server now has image/file hosting space allocated.

Below your post edit window you will see a Upload attachment , use this to browse your machine for the file and upload it.

Well I just tried to upload one of the standard pictures off my phone, said it was to large at over 256kb so I'll be sticking to the Photobucket.

For smaller attachments, do we have a member limit, like 10mb of upload each or anything?

I think you will find that you need to keep your file size below 200k, should be more than enough to display a 1024 pixel wide image at reasonable quality.

Thank you for your advice all and to show that i like you here is my second posting,

brian

Attachments

• Brontosauaus2.jpg
    Brontosauaus2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 123
  • Frog2.jpg
    Frog2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Humming bird1.jpg
    Humming bird1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Tee Rex.jpg
    Tee Rex.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 123
Chems":1zwk6xj4 said:
So do we have an individual limit?

Not within reason, the forum does not enforce individual member allocations as far as I know.

Any attempts to upload personal albums as opposed to WIP thread or normal post support will not be viewed with favour though.

I wonder if you will have to in time, if people take to it the cost of hosting will rise massively. Its a great feature for this sort of site were not everyone's 100% on computery things.

CHJ":3t55jy1v said:
I think you will find that you need to keep your file size below 200k, should be more than enough to display a 1024 pixel wide image at reasonable quality.

I fully appreciate this, as I tried to upload a photo and was told the file size was too big.

First stupid question of the day, how do I reduce a photo file size?

Malc :D

A problem to bear in mind with using the forum picture system is that a member expelled or deceased means his photostock has been locked up and no longer available to him personally although it is his property?

So I think in fairness access should be allowed to put that problem right?

After all a family of deceased and expelled might want access.

Just a technical question not a stir up.

devonwoody":7fwq8iaf said:
A problem to bear in mind with using the forum picture system is that a member expelled or deceased means his photostock has been locked up and no longer available to him personally although it is his property?

So I think in fairness access should be allowed to put that problem right?

After all a family of deceased and expelled might want access.

Just a technical question not a stir up.
John, the forum is not an image hosting site, it just provides the facility to host images in support of members contributions., there are no guarantees by or obligations on the forum admin to maintain sole records of members contributions or images.

Chems":7fwq8iaf said:
I wonder if you will have to in time, if people take to it the cost of hosting will rise massively. Its a great feature for this sort of site were not everyone's 100% on computery things.
That is one of the main reasons the advertising payload has increased on the site, someone has to cover the cost and site admin can't be expected to carry the whole burden.

The Shark":22iw6wqi said:
CHJ":22iw6wqi said:

I fully appreciate this, as I tried to upload a photo and was told the file size was too big.

First stupid question of the day, how do I reduce a photo file size?

Malc :D

Malc - using Windows Explorer - if I right click an image file (jpeg, bmp etc) then one of the options offered is "resize image" - this may be an add-on that I have acquired - perhaps its included in the MS "Power Tools" package. but I think if you do a suitable search you will find plenty of free re-sizing applications and some of these will add themselves to the right-click options if you choose.

HTH

Dave

Hi Gang sorry to but in but have I over shot the limit for posting if so can you tell me how to delete some of my pics so i bring it within the limit,

Brian

ibcallus":38o8igwk said:
Hi Gang sorry to but in but have I over shot the limit for posting if so can you tell me how to delete some of my pics so i bring it within the limit,

Brian

Huh - i thought chas said there wasnt a personal limit ?

ibcallus":2n1cucju said:

Brian
There is no limit on number of images you may post in support of your postings, there is a physical size of individual file that will be accepted to control the amount of space taken up on the server and to help control the bandwidth traffic. (costs)

So as long as your individual image files are less than 256kb in size they will be fine.

LuptonM":2hn869sr said:
Can't u just use photobucket? and u can post pictures as big as u like

You can choose to do that if you prefer, just two caveats on physical file size, as far as computer viewing of images is concerned then over high definition is of little point if it's greater than the normal monitor resolutions and very large files can be rather a pain to download for those who are not fortunate enough to be on Broad Band.

Back