Poor service Fielder/Hammer UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
custard":2edepxfg said:
skronk":2edepxfg said:
Sorry PAC1 and Custard......for 25 quid ?

Hey, you were the one who was sufficiently aggrieved to log on to this forum in the first place and moan about what a victim you were! But if it's only "£25" and you're well happy with the T Track, then what's the problem? No harm, no foul!

"Fit for purpose" ring a bell ?
A router table, chipped with a 5mm dip in the middle is not.
T-Tracks are usable, mind you, I don't really need them.

I bought a router table. Unfortunately they supplied a bowed router table.

Maybe they should charge extra for these ????

skronk":g48ko0f4 said:

They'll probably start marketing them as desirable - if not essential - for some obscure job or other, with plenty of 5-star reviews but no stock...

Sporky McGuffin":3m2bl6y6 said:
skronk":3m2bl6y6 said:

They'll probably start marketing them as desirable - if not essential - for some obscure job or other, with plenty of 5-star reviews but no stock...

You've noticed this too ?????? :shock:

skronk":2w5bagf9 said:
Sorry PAC1 and Custard......for 25 quid ? It's been taken to the dump, though, as stated, I did save T-Tracks. :D :D Got to worth half the cost.

No more bad money to Rutlands.

Not sure I understand the logic - it wouldn't have cost you anything to send it back for a full refund.

Karl":3a2d3rmb said:
skronk":3a2d3rmb said:
Sorry PAC1 and Custard......for 25 quid ? It's been taken to the dump, though, as stated, I did save T-Tracks. :D :D Got to worth half the cost.

No more bad money to Rutlands.

Not sure I understand the logic - it wouldn't have cost you anything to send it back for a full refund.

The hassle of repacking it. I binned bubble wrap and cardboard packaging as wife was going to dump !
The other thing is...please note my location. I am 14 miles from the Post Office. So 28 mile round trip.
Put it together and you might see my logic. Had it been say 60 or 70 quid then I would have returned.

skronk":2815uaqc said:
The hassle of repacking it. I binned bubble wrap and cardboard packaging as wife was going to dump !
The other thing is...please note my location. I am 14 miles from the Post Office.

No wonder the British have a reputation as a nation of whinging moaners!

You chose where you live, so deal with the consequences. I'm sure you're not a complete hermit, and do actually get into town for the weekly shop or whatever, so post it then.

Only a small child would believe a £25 router table was likely to be anything other than complete rubbish, a sensible person would have considered there was a fair chance it was going to be returned and wouldn't have shredded the packaging like a kid on Christmas morning.

But instead of acknowledging that you carry some share of the blame for being too idle to return it, you go bleating on the internet. Come on Skronk, man up and stop playing the victim.

custard":yk0i403x said:
skronk":yk0i403x said:
The other thing is...please note my location. I am 14 miles from the Post Office.

No wonder the British have a reputation as a nation of whinging moaners!

You chose where you live, so deal with the consequences. I'm sure you're not a complete hermit, and do actually get into town for the weekly shop or whatever, so post it then.

Only a small child would believe a £25 router table was likely to be anything other than complete rubbish, a sensible person would have considered there was a fair chance it was going to be returned and wouldn't have shredded the packaging like a kid on Christmas morning.

But instead of acknowledging that you carry some share of the blame for being too idle to return it, you go bleating on the internet. Come on Skronk, man up and stop playing the victim.
I am not coming across as a whinger. Certainly not a victim.

I bought a cheap table which was dross. Fact
I elected that I could not be bothered repacking and returning it. Fact
I live here for the quality of life it offers. Fact
The item should not have to be returned. It should be fit for purpose. It was not. Fact

The table was £59.95 before reduction to asking price. I do not believe it was described as chipped and bowed.
I would certainly have returned it had the cost been on par with the Felder equipment in the original post.

Whether it was returned or not does not change the fact that an item totally unfit for purpose was offered for sale by the retailer. "Bleating on the internet" as you call it, may stop someone else finding themselves in the same position.

So...in summing up : I bought a cheap router table which was unfit for purpose and chose not to return it. Bearing in mind the condition of it, I would doubt very much if I would deal with the supplier again.

Latest posts

Back