pocket hole jigs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbo

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm looking to buy and work primarily with 20mm stock, so i'm considering these :-

kreg aluminium blue
trend
aximinster
dakota
and the all singing all dancing kreg with dust extraction

who owns what and what would you recommend???

i don't mind spending big if it does the job well and will last!!!

I have the "all singing, all dancing" Kreg version, and although I don't use it often, it offers a lot of flexibility. Needless to say, it's very well made and should last a very long time. Money well spent IMHO.

Cheers

Aled

is it robust enough? The others are metal construction and seem more substantial or am i a worrying luddite???

Trend isn't as good as the Kreg. The bushings aren't hard enough IMHO. Kreg are the folk who invented the concept so they probably know how to make a better jig regardless of materials than the cloners

carbo":mwi8uoy4 said:
is it robust enough? The others are metal construction and seem more substantial or am i a worrying luddite???

Yes definately, it looks plastic from the pictures but is in fact some kind of composite wich feels and looks very very sturdy! I've got the full set and it's worth it's money!

I have the Kreg as well great bit of kit worth paying the extra for.
Jim

thanks everyone i've just ordered the all singing all dancing kreg jig from my local brimark stockist which is handytools doncaster who are very nice people.... :D

studders":2ebe7l62 said:
I think pocket hole joinery goes back much further than that.
I agree. Pocket holes do, however jigs for doing the job, and the associated special clamps, stepped drill bits and in particular the special screws are all down to Kreg

Deuce!

carbo":395q9r82 said:
thanks everyone i've just ordered the all singing all dancing kreg jig from my local brimark stockist which is handytools doncaster who are very nice people.... :D

Good stuff mate, you won't regret it. Screw the big jig down to a piece of scrap ply, then you can just clamp this to the bench when you need to use it. Then hang it up on the wall when you've finished. The smaller Kreg jig is good as well; I recently used one to fit face frames to fitted cabinets :D
D

Latest posts

Back