Pocket hole jigs.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yo_chuci

Established Member
Reaction score
i know they are a bit of a cheat but some of the thinks i'm gonna do will be easier and stronger using a PHJ (re kit out the back of my van so strong and usable and quick)
i know norm used a kreg jig and have found somewhere in uk that have them.
d&m tools

now after looking again they also do a couple of others.

my question is this. out of the couple they have which is best and do anyone have experience with these, also can i get them anywhere else and do you have to get screws made by the same MF.
i was just gonna get the kreg R3 diy one.

tia

Yo_chuci
I have the Kreg K3 bought from Axminster comes with clamp and some screws to get you started. I think that for what you want a PHJ is an excelent choice certainly no cheat, i have used mine for kitchen carcasses, face frames and many small boxing in jobs on site and think they are good strong and very quick joint, so a recomendation for a Kreg from me.

yeah i'm gonna do some face frames too...

is it worth getting it with the clamp then or can any clamp be used

You could try getting in touch with Handytools. I got a free right angle clamp with my K3 master system bought a couple of weeks ago. Free delivery too because I bought some screws which took it over the limit.

I've used the kreg jigs and axminster jigs many times and PHscrews are now my first choice where speed is important and looks aren't. Excellent as mentioned for carcasses and jigs.

Earlier this week I bought a pack of 500 1 1/4" course screws (it's the quickest way I know for the pack I already own to materialise!).

On the boxes it says to use fine thread for hardwood and course thread (which appears now to be called maxi-loc) for softwoods and mdf etc but it doesn't state why to use washer or pan head. The axminster description solved that mystery.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=580219&name=kreg+&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=44
(link posted rather than copy their text)

matt":28ii3rus said:
You could try getting in touch with Handytools. I got a free right angle clamp with my K3 master system bought a couple of weeks ago. Free delivery too because I bought some screws which took it over the limit.

now thats weird.... i've just got the hump with handytools.
i ordered a shovel handle a week ago and yesterday thought i better ring them to find out where it is.
get an email at 4pm saying out of stock have to cancel the order as the supplier can't guarantee when they will be back in stock... check on the site and they had gone from £6.50 to £10.50...

i bet they are in stock tho...
might give them another chance with the kreg tho...

OllyK":2kkm2bif said:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44682/Drill-Bits/Drill-Accessories/Drill-Guide-3-Pieces may be useless, but I picked one up today while I was in screwfix, I'll have a play layer.

I have one of those, ok for the odd hole, but you need stepped drills as well. I haven't, so I have to use two drills and change the inserts. Must get a proper PJ jig when I need to create more of these joints.

Shultzy":2ngeykzc said:
OllyK":2ngeykzc said:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44682/Drill-Bits/Drill-Accessories/Drill-Guide-3-Pieces may be useless, but I picked one up today while I was in screwfix, I'll have a play layer.

I have one of those, ok for the odd hole, but you need stepped drills as well. I haven't, so I have to use two drills and change the inserts. Must get a proper PJ jig when I need to create more of these joints.

Kreg also makes an adjustable jig for different sizes of boards and screws.
I think I have bought every one of their jigs...I like the phnematic one the best.

Back