PK200 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halken

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had a bit trouble winding the blade below the table height so i cleaned all the dust out from the motor and blade area and applied graphite powder to all the cogs and spindles, it now works ok but heres my query. there is a cover on the blade and when i took this off it was full of saw dust and little slivers of wood, is there any reason i cannot leave this cover off as the saw is mounted in a bench and unless l lay on the floor and crawl under the bench there is no chance of getting any where near the blade when it is spinning. I have extraction on the blade guard but not on the back i usually stick a box underneath and just let the sawdust collect in there, this is a hobby worshop so the saw isnt going all day everyday. So any thoughts why i cant leave this cover off as i think its for the extraction at the back of the saw.

Kenny I've got that saw and use extraction from the rear port as well as the saw guard - most sawdust comes out via the rear port and that plate allows the extraction to work. You do need to check it to make sure thin offcuts have not blocked it.

Dave

Latest posts

Back