Phase converter?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The description of that machine talks about a 'main motor' implying that there are others eg for the scoring blade.

Standard static converters shuold only be used with single motor machines unless special interlock precautions are taken to start the motors in the right order.

Therefore I would suggest that this machine should be used with a rotary converter only.
hth

Bob

9fingers":ils4g79y said:
The description of that machine talks about a 'main motor' implying that there are others eg for the scoring blade.

Standard static converters shuold only be used with single motor machines unless special interlock precautions are taken to start the motors in the right order.

Therefore I would suggest that this machine should be used with a rotary converter only.
hth

Bob

Thanks Bob,

thats what i'm thinking, then i could also use it to power a spindle moulder and powerfeed.

JHB

I run a three phase converter. You can run more then one item on the digital ones, or at least the digital one i have. I can run my table saw which is 3 horse power along side with my dust extractor which is 1.5 horse power with no problem at all. It did however cost me £800 for the converter and another £600 for wiring 6-3 phase plug ins with isolators, four double gang plug-ins, four strip lights, and the mains with a panel.

It is easier to find 3 phase equipment then single phase, and they are cheaper. If i were to do it over again i'd get one that has a remote though as i have to walk from one end of the shop to the other to turn it on. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you are doing it all the time.

Back