• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found old cast iron glue pot

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm after an old cast iron glue pot, want one with no leaks for making hot hide glue, ideally looking for a small one or medium size nothing too big, if you have an unused one and want to sell it let me know, I'll give you a fair price for it, get in touch via PM

kind regards,

Ben.

Last edited:
I'm after an old cast iron glue pot, want one with no leaks for making hot hide glue, ideally looking for a small one or medium size nothing too big, if you have and unused one and want to sell it let me know, I'll give you a fair price for it, get in touch via PM

kind regards,

Ben.
I've got one somewhere but can't find it. Will let you know.
An alternative is a small slow cooker. One here for £15! https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7194816

I've got one somewhere but can't find it. Will let you know.
An alternative is a small slow cooker. One here for £15! https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7194816
It does say in the description the inner pot is not good for hobby use. that would negate the fire ins being paid out if something happened when you walked away from it for 5 minutes to get a coffee!

I'm after an old cast iron glue pot, want one with no leaks for making hot hide glue, ideally looking for a small one or medium size nothing too big, if you have an unused one and want to sell it let me know, I'll give you a fair price for it, get in touch via PM

kind regards,

Ben.
Hi i can see what i can "Cunjour" up as Wood butcher friend had most of my other friends when he closed business down but hes not using them yet! plus wants me to rewire them.
Other one still has some but is in Thailand for a while but think back next month?

kind regards,

Ben.
found it! PM sent

Why not use a jam jar in a saucepan of heated water? - other receptacles are available....
I tried that method, it works but only if I assemble things in the kitchen near the hob, by the time it gets into the garage which is very cold and uninsulated it looses too much heat,

I bought a wax warmer that is deemed unsafe;

see this: Product Safety Report: Amazing Tour Wax Warmer Pro Wax 100 (2205-0149)

and wanted a cast iron one originally anyway, I use cast iron pots for cooking so know how well they retain heat.

I tried that method, it works but only if I assemble things in the kitchen near the hob, by the time it gets into the garage which is very cold and uninsulated it looses too much heat,

I bought a wax warmer that is deemed unsafe;

see this: Product Safety Report: Amazing Tour Wax Warmer Pro Wax 100 (2205-0149)

and wanted a cast iron one originally anyway, I use cast iron pots for cooking so know how well they retain heat.
I run a glue pot on occasion - depending on what I'm making and what sort of mood I'm in. Using hide glue out of a bottle is far easier, less smelly (although I never minded the smell of hide glue) and a nice open time

I run a glue pot on occasion - depending on what I'm making and what sort of mood I'm in. Using hide glue out of a bottle is far easier, less smelly (although I never minded the smell of hide glue) and a nice open time
I use liquid hide too, but have a need for hot hide glue as well.

kind regards,

Ben.
Nooooooo!!! - I had one but think it went in the metal recycling when we moved house last summer. If I come across it, you can have it for the cost of the postage.

Back