Office desk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mar_mite

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Thought I'd stick this on here. I'm quite pleased with it. It's a large office desk. 6m x 2m. I got the job on Wednesday afternoon and it had to be completed by this morning. Managed to finish it 6 o'clock last night(Sunday)
Thanks for looking.

Don't know why the pictures are on their side. Sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 957
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 957
A description of the materials used would also be of interest, a nice looking job.

Took the pics with your ipad or phone? (and it sends them like that from my daughters ipad)

The legs and rails are softwood from the timber merchant (4"x4" and 3"x1 1/4") I didn't have time to buy tulip wood and machine it all up. I cut and joined all the rails and legs in my little workshop. The top is 5 sheets of 25mm mdf joined together with worktop bolts and biscuits, no glue. I had a bit of trouble finishing it. I used acrylic eggshell. And a hvlp sprayer. I couldn't get an even layer down. So I rubbed it all back and put two coats of clear varnish on the top. It helped but the room was so hot that the varnish was drying as I was putting it on. Still a bit patchy. At least it will be a bit harder wearing than the paint alone.

Latest posts

Back