Newbie from Liverpool saying hi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalletPaul

Reaction score
Hi guys

Names Paul I'm 30 and have a family.

Came across this site had a good look so joined up and how to learn a few thing and hopefully share what I can do, which isn't much at the minute.

Started woodworking just over a year ago thanks to the missus, shopping in b&q she saw a kids picnic table but it was a bit overpriced and her comments were "you could probably make one out of pallets".

And so that's how it all started, a picnic table was made then bird house and of course a table.

Not made much at all due to family issues but now I've got a few more tools and time on my hands starting to get more involved trying to learn new joints and so on.

My table really showing its age now, started making a little clearing 10' X 7' so when the weather is a little dryer and I know how to I shall be building a workshop/area more suited than my current set up.

Will get some pics up of what I've made here and pic of my table in the workshop section of the forum, you will see how much of a novice I really am.

All the best

What got me started.

Built using... Pencil, tape measure, hammer, nails and jigsaw.

Guessed the angle of legs and got it right, still need to add a piece from side to side as its wobbly.

28lfdc2.jpg

My latest bench needs sanding and protecting.

2zekp79.jpg

And something for my little ones, chairs just nailed together... But holding up very well now the wood has swelled, shall get round to protecting or painting them soon.

5b304j.jpg

Welcome Paul.

I like the idea of recycled wood, I also like what you have done, your first kiddies picnic table is like my granddaughters best friends picnic table, also made out of old pallets by her uncle.

Baldhead

Back