UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pine Sap

Reaction score
New Member joined today. Woodworker in Vermont. Broad interests in tools, machine and hand tool restoration, woodworking methods and projects.

Hi I have just acquired a planer I am almost sure it is a Coronet planer is was in a skip being thrown away nothing at all wrong with it apart from peeling paint so I have stripped it down completely and doing a reduild on it. Does anybody know where I can purchase mew blades for it not sure weather they are 4” or 41/2 can anyone help please. Thanks

Hi I have just acquired a planer I am almost sure it is a Coronet planer is was in a skip being thrown away nothing at all wrong with it apart from peeling paint so I have stripped it down completely and doing a reduild on it. Does anybody know where I can purchase mew blades for it not sure weather they are 4” or 41/2 can anyone help please. Thanks
Hi Froggy, Welcome.

I used to get them from LM saw and tools Heanor but that was quite a while ago but the company are still active https://heanor.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/l-m-cutting-tools-ltd-13885595.html

The part number I was told to ask for C1710/1 to fit a "Myford" 112 mm x 15 mm x 1.6 mm or in old money 4 1/2" x 5/8" x 1/16"
I do have an old set spare they are used and have been sharpened over the years down to 1/2" but they would still work if you don't have any.

Back