UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCamo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

I've become interested in DIY since starting a house refurbishment 4yrs ago. More recently I have taken to woodworking and have started a green oak gazebo project. Thought I would join this group for ideas and advice

Thanks for accepting me

Jon

Can't be as daft as the vintage BMX groups I am on 😬
If you own any let’s have a few pics! Love a retro BMX. I’m into my VW’s and they’re pretty big at the shows. I don’t own one myself but they’re my era. Them and retro mountain bikes

If you own any let’s have a few pics! Love a retro BMX. I’m into my VW’s and they’re pretty big at the shows. I don’t own one myself but they’re my era. Them and retro mountain bikes
You have good taste Linwood. The group I am in show at Grill n Chill in Kent. Some lovely VWs there. I've got an 89 Volvo 240 for geek value 😃.
Two of mine:

DP Freestylers

Attachments

• DSCF5526edit1.jpg
    DSCF5526edit1.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 0
  • DP,suzy's40th 232.JPG
    DP,suzy's40th 232.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I have another query:

My gazebo will have a pair of parrallel tie beams joined to the four posts by mortice and tenon joints (100mm mortices, 1.5 inch thick tenons). The beams and posts are 150mm. I plan to place two more beams on top of these beams and join using a mid lap joint similair to the image attached.
Bearing in mind the mortice in the lower beam is 100mm and the beams are 150mm, how much depth can I cut into each beam to create the joint without the lower beam being weakened too much?
I hope this makes sense and forgive if my terminology is not quite accurate (newbie)

Regards

Jon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213-153243_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213-153243_Google.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221214-070607_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-070607_Google.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 0
Back