New Electric to Garage Workshop Quote

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a fair price.

I recently paid £1800 for new cable and consumer unit in the workshop, separated from the house. 12 double sockets, 2 x 16amp sockets, 3 LED lights and 2 external lights. Took 2 days with 2 guys. I was happy with that.

Recently had an old re-wirable fuse box moved from its original position 9 ft up the wall in the garage/wprkshop to a more accessible 5ft off the ground with a new consumer unit. Also had two LEDs fitted in one side of garage + bigger cable from meter + testing and certificate.

Total cost £900 - all done by one person in a very long day - approx 12 hours.

I would guess this works out at an hourly rate of ~£50 + materials.

its a lot of training, a lot of courses after, a lot of expensive testing equipment with ongoing calibration, regulatory body fees, a lot of insurance and a lot of responsibility! The same can be said with plumbers.
you forgot to mention with all those lots, a lot of profiteering and a lot of bull

you forgot to mention with all those lots, a lot of profiteering and a lot of bull
probably just keeping their heads above water! Umm profiteering, supermarkets on food, oil companies on fuel, energy suppliers, bankers, insurers and I believe the royal mail made good profits this past financial year!

Latest posts

Back