My Workshop/Garage Build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good - nice to see it making real progress :D

Hope the weather stays okay for you [-o<

Andrew

Hi Neil....nice to see this progress!

I don't mean to spoil the mood, but shouldn't there be a pier on the far wall, near the van, in the line of the long wall that runs down the back of the existing garages?

I'm sure your roof is going to have to span this gap, and at the moment I can't see what it is going to sit on!

Mike

yeah a pier has been built in on the back wall. also a pier will be built at the front in between the door and window. and concrete lintels are going above the door and window and also a steel lintel is going across the opening from the existing garage.

.........yeah, but where is it? In your second-from-last photo it should be in the wall near the van, just to the left of the letter "H" in Haden...

Mike

Well, I reckon you need one in line with the wall that the guy is working on in that second last picture, because I reckon you will need a steel to span across the gap to pick up the roof. That would put it between the H of Haden and the edge of the front door of the van, I reckon.......

.........just ask your chap what the roof is going to sit on. He surely must have something in mind!

I reckon this is your problem:

2962785612_9edd7ca3fa_b.jpg

Excuse the rubbish sketch.....I'm tired.

Mike

i see what ur saying now. we was going to put a steel in there. trouble is i didnt want to have one so close to the opening as it will make the gap smaller to get vehicles into the garage.

he's probably reading this. we'll have a chat about it on saturday when he comes.

would it be an issue for the steel to sit on one thickness of wall?

Hi Neil I have got a few ideas about the steel I wil talk to you at the weekend about them.

havent posted for a while but heres a few more pics to wet ur appetite!! :lol:

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00420-1.jpg

DSC00421-1.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

hopefully all will be water tight by the end of the weekend. having the box gutter made this week and a bit more timber to finish it off.

Look at all that space!

I reckon you'll do well to be watertight by the weekend...........but that's good progress anyway. I notice you're not showing me where that steel is or isn't!!!

Well done.

Mike

haha. yeah i thought about the garage idea!!

all the steels are in place but i havent had chance to take pictures of the up to date progress.

i had a steel bracket manufactured at work which i will anchor into the wall and also bolt the steel to, for the issue of having no pier. i really didnt want to build a pier there as it would restrict the room i have to get a vehicle in. il take a couple of pics at the weekend in the light to show you what i mean.

so far the joists and noggins are all in place and all of the rafters have been cut. just got to bolt them all into position and fix the batten and breathable membrane down and bobs ur mothers brother.

Back