my shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navypaul

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
this is my first post so i decided to show my workshop, its been developing for a while and as i dont have a lot of money the kit is primarily low end, slightly better than diy stuff.

firstly is my

charnwood W619

Kreg router table

fox P/T

in the corner there is now a camvac wall mounted extractor

and the terrible evolution mitre saw soon to be replaced with anything better when funds allow.

my bench drill is on the right of the door way, dont really use it too much so didnt spend a lot on one.

then my diy bench with fire door top

paul

Attachments

• shop12_edited-1.jpg
    shop12_edited-1.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 3,148
  • shop2-1.jpg
    shop2-1.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 3,148
  • shop3-1.jpg
    shop3-1.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 3,148
Welcome Paul
I'd say your kit is pretty decent and a nice large space
How are you finding the camvac, I'm thinking of getting the twin motor wall mounted as well. I'll be using a cyclone with it
Mark

The Bear":1c16fvv4 said:
Welcome Paul
I'd say your kit is pretty decent and a nice large space
How are you finding the camvac, I'm thinking of getting the twin motor wall mounted as well. I'll be using a cyclone with it
Mark

thats the one i got with 100mm inlet its pretty powerful it could easily provide for 2 of my machines at any one time

Random Orbital Bob":28lonskf said:
Welcome Navy. Plenty in there to keep you very busy indeed. Once you've done just that we need PLENTY of pictures please :)

some things i have already made, the table is a prototype just made out of what was left over front the kitchen fit. its walunt and B/BB ply 48mm thick going to make one from american black soon-ish

paul

Attachments

• DSC_0012-1.jpg
    DSC_0012-1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 3,093
  • DSC_0005-1.jpg
    DSC_0005-1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 3,093
  • DSC_0006-1.jpg
    DSC_0006-1.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 3,093
That's not a work shop, it's definately a show room :lol:
Nice work

deema":1ibth412 said:
That's not a work shop, it's definately a show room :lol:
Nice work

haha it dont usually look that tidy i had just cleaned it and moved stuff about to get every thing in place for the extraction

Nice set up.
Looks like you have a good dust extraction system. 8)
You're not the first person I've heard slating the Evolution Mitre Saw.
I've got a 10" Evolution sliding mitre saw, and to be honest I can't really fault it for the £180 or whatever it was I paid for it.
Good value for money in my opinion, but maybe the quality of the saws is a bit of a lottery and I got lucky?

Charlie Woody":1vbq4qj5 said:
Looks good! What have you used for the ducting?

i used some 100mm pipe i got from ebay and flexi pipe from amazon. the joints and y pieces are by camvac from biven machinery as is the camvac its self. the flexi doesn't look very strong and i am not expecting it to last long

paul

Roughcut":zeoq86fx said:
Nice set up.
I've got a 10" Evolution sliding mitre saw, and to be honest I can't really fault it for the £180 or whatever it was I paid for it.
Good value for money in my opinion, but maybe the quality of the saws is a bit of a lottery and I got lucky?

it was only bought to put down decking it keeps its angles well once set up at first, but the side play at 'full' extension is s**t and the metal fence that guides the wood was not straight it had a few degree angle in the middle where the casting curves behind the blade. shockingly bad.

navypaul":pcocf0xp said:
Roughcut":pcocf0xp said:
Nice set up.

it was only bought to put down decking it keeps its angles well once set up at first, but the side play at 'full' extension is s**t and the metal fence that guides the wood was not straight it had a few degree angle in the middle where the casting curves behind the blade. shockingly bad.

Welcome aboard Paul - nice looking space you've got for yourself.

It's interesting how reviews of the Evolution tools seem to be all over the place; I've seen several good(ish) reviews of the Evolution tools but user experiences tend to range from poor to awful - is there just a lot of variation in their quality control? I'm not in the market for any of their tools, just curious about the apparent discrepancies between reviews (presumably short term) and user experiences (presumably long term).

http://www.woodworkersinstitute.com/page.asp?p=4338
Key features
At the 0° setting the crosscut distance is 300mm x 75mm high while at 45/45° compound it is 210 x 40mm. Those are the key figures but see the specification opposite. It can also be set to make crown moulding cuts as well. There is an adjustable laser module to aid precise repetition cutting and extended work supports and top and front work clamps.

What makes Rage3 machines different is actually the blades and the machine's ability to work with those blades. You want to cut wood accurately? No problem. Try a steel box section - again, no problem. With quick, accurate cool cutting and virtually no burring or sparks, it is safe to use and the workpieces safe to handle after sawing. The saw head is fixed so it acts as a chopsaw when metal cutting. This makes these saws ideal for site work, especially for refurbishment and recycling timbers without always dealing with tedious nail removal - just trim to a clean finish.

Verdict
There is also an accessory workstand for all Rage mitre saws so you can have a long work support if you need it. I nearly forgot to mention that by fitting a Rage Diamond blade, you can then cut tile, ceramic, limestone, marble, natural stone, porcelain and slate. Perfect for installation work. What's not to like?

hi

its been a while since i posted pics of the workshop. most of the stuff has been upgraded for 'better' equipment.

paul

Attachments

• reduce1.jpg
    reduce1.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,888
  • resize4.jpg
    resize4.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 1,888
  • corner view.jpg
    corner view.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 1,792
  • resize 5.jpg
    resize 5.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,688
Man, that's a factory!

Nice space by the way, not so cluttered that you can't store some boards or have room for an efficient glue up. The challenge is keeping it that way, but if you do have a Naval background then I guess tidiness is second nature!

whittler1507":2wxan6wv said:
Really like the table, how'd you bend the legs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

its just two sheets of b/b ply glued together then routed out using a template i made

paul

custard":far16zja said:
Man, that's a factory!

Nice space by the way, not so cluttered that you can't store some boards or have room for an efficient glue up. The challenge is keeping it that way, but if you do have a Naval background then I guess tidiness is second nature!

thanks it does get pretty cluttered very quickly and i was wanting to make it semi professional just in case and the navy thing really doesn't help that much

Nice space.

When I set out garage out I pained the walls with some white masonry paint. Massive difference to the light at the benches and overall feel of the place. Worth thinking about perhaps?

Thanks for sharing,

Simon

SVB":z3b8l565 said:
Nice space.

When I set out garage out I pained the walls with some white masonry paint. Massive difference to the light at the benches and overall feel of the place. Worth thinking about perhaps?

Thanks for sharing,

Simon

pretty good idea, ill do that. It can get pretty dingy in there when the doors are closed trying not to annoy the neighbours

Back