Mitre saw madness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have one of those, dust collection looked impressive.

Metabo (like Mafell) just don't like chucking money away on marketing do they :) - even though they make some seriously good stuff.

That does look pretty good. The rotating mitre fences are a new one on me and look pretty handy. Will have another look tomorrow for sure!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think it is excellent that we live in a time when so much superb engineering is available to us. When you think what was available 30 years ago (say a DW RAS which probably cost then what this saw does now). It's easy to bemoan lowering standards in so many products, but when you see something like this then it lifts the spirits as well as forcing everyone else to raise their game.. Superb.

I like that it doesn't need clearance behind for the sliding rods, definitely want that on the next one I buy

That's interesting - thanks for sharing. I am dead keen on not having big rails out of the back of my mitre saw. My work bench is struggling for space. I also like the moving fence. I'll have to look at the specs. I'm keen on something with a decent cutting width. 315mm on a straight cut - that's ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That price has dropped since I first looked at that website - pretty sure it was 806 euro the other day. I'm going to have to save a while for this one :)

The lack of cutting depth is a bit of a pipper, BUT I'll put up with that for the features.

I don't know if any of you have looked at the festool sym 70 saw and combined the price with a Kapex, almost makes the Metabo look like a bargain.

Metabo have recently been brought lock stock and barrel by hitachi, hopefully they will now have lots of r n d money for new stuff like this.

I think Metabo and festool have some inter dealings in some way, and I think mafell's new 18v drills are Metabo based from various quips I've read on highly unreliable internet sources.

No skills":1f1h6n6h said:
That price has dropped since I first looked at that website - pretty sure it was 806 euro the other day. I'm going to have to save a while for this one :)

The lack of cutting depth is a bit of a pipper, BUT I'll put up with that for the features.

I don't know if any of you have looked at the festool sym 70 saw and combined the price with a Kapex, almost makes the Metabo look like a bargain.

Metabo have recently been brought lock stock and barrel by hitachi, hopefully they will now have lots of r n d money for new stuff like this.

I think Metabo and festool have some inter dealings in some way, and I think mafell's new 18v drills are Metabo based from various quips I've read on highly unreliable internet sources.

I recently bought a 10.8v Metabo drill driver which as far as I can tell is the same as a Mafell A10.
Except about £100 cheaper! :D

No skills":32r685v9 said:

The Mafell 10.8v is a re-badged Metabo. I'm not sure Metabo and Festool have had dealings though, not with Metabo and Mafell being buddies.

Wuffles":3fxs54c8 said:
No skills":3fxs54c8 said:

The Mafell 10.8v is a re-badged Metabo. I'm not sure Metabo and Festool have had dealings though, not with Metabo and Mafell being buddies.

I'd like to open up festools and metabos 5.2 battery's and have a look over, also the green centrotec chucks fit my Metabo 10.8 drill...
Pretty sure it will fit on the 18v combo when I get it as well...
Wouldn't surprise me if they shared a few components here and there, vaguely remember reading the head quarters or main factories were in the same area in Germany - funny the rubbish you read on the Internet.

Nice to see some new innovation with mitre saws. Clearly took some inspiration from the kapex and also put a focus on dust collection.

I have a kapex and now hate taking it out to do site work. If this saw can be had for closer to 400 and offers kapex like accuracy and dust extraction i might retire the kapex to the workshop and get one of these

No skills":2otzipc3 said:
Wuffles":2otzipc3 said:
No skills":2otzipc3 said:

I'd like to open up festools and metabos 5.2 battery's and have a look over, also the green centrotec chucks fit my Metabo 10.8 drill...
Pretty sure it will fit on the 18v combo when I get it as well...
Wouldn't surprise me if they shared a few components here and there, vaguely remember reading the head quarters or main factories were in the same area in Germany - funny the rubbish you read on the Internet.

The fast fix from the Festool does fit the metabo, but the metabo doesn't fit the Festool. They aren't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mailed metabo about this, they got back to me saying its out in the uk in may with a rrp of £530 before vat.

Latest posts

Back