Metal detector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Little Wizard (mini version of the Lumber Wizard, which seems to be well thought of but is about £90).

Rutlands sell the Little Wizard for the same price as the one in your link.

The only gotcha is that it's got a little wheel which you "tune" the sensitivity with, so you need to have a bit of similar timber that you know to be clear of metal in order to set it up.

Hope this helps

John

Thanks John

I have seen the Little Wizard before and wondered if it is sensitive enough ?

Does it find buried metal ?

I have tried scanning a piece of wood that has staples, buried nails etc with my screwfix stud/metal detector and it seems to find all, but have to scan both sides so I expect it will be rubbish on thicker pieces

Is your Little Wizard better than that (board is only 1" btw)

I bought the Little Wizard when Rutlands had one of their discount offers & have found it excellent.

I just wave it over the vice before using it to check it`s working & away I go, I`ve been pleasantly surprised how good it is considering the bad press Rutlands get.

Noel swung my decision to buy one he has spoken about the Little Wizard a few times, eg detecting-nails-and-screws-in-recycled-wood-t4749.html?hilit=wizard

Regards.

dj.

Cheers for the link Spindle

It is a bit pricey for me, but I guess you could argue that it will earn its keep by not missing something and then having to resharpen or replace whatever cutter you're using

Metal detector can find metal objects only. If you are interested in it, you can try to get a cheap metal detector for fun.

Thanks shaynethill, and welcome to the forum - I decided to move the wood with nails in it to the back of my pile so I'll worry about it another time but a full metal detector is too big for this sort of thing, just need something like the hand held wands they use in security (but cheap :))

Latest posts

Back