Martelet spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithkarl2007

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have come across the above spindle moulder for sale and was looking for some advice. It is single phase and comes with a power feed and a few cutters. The thing is it only has a 2hp motor. Should I be looking out for something with a beefier motor?

I would say it looks very good from here, and as I say, all there for a start, an excellent addition to the workshop, and hours of fun.
If you have no experience on the spindle, please get some training as they WILL bite!
And preferably with a trained, approved instructor, rather than some one with good intentions, but not HSE approved.
Regards rodders

I've used one in a joinery for 13 years. The price for the spindle moulder is €1600. I don't know if that is expensive or not for what I'd be getting.

For comparison I have a 2hp motor on my combo machine's spindle moulder. Today I was cutting a 20mm depth in oak with a 6mm groover and it was beginning to struggle.

Depends upon what materials and cutters your likely to be running.

Also depends how fast you want to work and whether you are prepared to run stock through a couple of times to get to finished cut or you just want to wang it through quickly and cut in one pass.

With spindles go for a solid heavy build. 2hp isn't too bad depending on what you ask of it.

Latest posts

Back