Makita multi charger

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albo the butcher

Reaction score
Hi all.

Firstly I'm Alan from hull.

I'm a site/shop fit/kitchen/bench joiner.
I'm a lerker on here and really enjoy some of the creations that some of you talented tradesmen have.

Anyway. I'm just wondering if makita do a duel or triple charger for there 18v lxt range. I've got 8 batteries and only 1 charger.

Please help.

Alan.

Not as far as I know. I've got 6 and manage ok with the standard charger. They charge in 20 minutes and if I have a few deads I just stack them ready to swap.

Another charger is your only option I guess

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

As said no the just make single chargers. I think only dewalt and milwaukee make multi battery chargers. However the milwaukee versions don't charge all 6 at once only in secquence once one has charged. So as suggested a 2nd charger is the only option.

I have 3 chargers and 5 batteries. Soon to be more batteries, but i only take 2 chargers to work with me. The 3rd stays in the workshop.

I've done some digging and found out makita do actually a four battery charger. But it takes 60mins to charge two and 120minutes to charge 4.

Seems a bit pointless really. As 1 chargers takes 22min to charge 1 battery so 2chargers go charge 4 batteries is only 44min.

Another chargers by the looks of it.

Cheers guys.

I had similar situation being workshop based. Batteries scattered everwhere and not knowing which ones were charged or flat.
I debated buying another charger but figured I needed to sort out the batteries im already using
u8e4ynen.jpg

u4une5e5.jpg

I haven't got round to finishing it yet but certainly seems to have solved the battery issue. As a bonus it also makes sure you're using all the batteries ( charged ones in the top, take from the bottom ) hopefully they might last a bit longer :)

Welcome to the forum,

Coley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back