Lift Tv Cabinet.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BambFurniture

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to build a a t.v cabinet where the actual t.v appears from the cabinet. A bit like all of these T.V beds.

Now from what i have looked into using electric linear actuators will be my best bet, i have found some kits on ebay for less than £100 but none of them seem to come with a power supply so i can plug it straight into wall socket for power.

Has anyone had any experience building something like this at all using linear actuators. If so i would like to see the setup used.

All i want to know is if i buy 2 actuators to be controlled by remote control what sort of setup would i need to power it via wall socket.

If someone could specify exactly what i would need that would be a great help.

Here is the actuators i have been looking at.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-2-DC12 ... 2c9f85d6c4

Many Thanks

Most of the existing ones use a single linear actuator that is appropriate for the weight of the tv. You can buy kits which you just fit into your own cabinet which would probably be the best solution if you're not really au fait with electronics or actuators specifically.

I just read the Chinglish spec. sheet for one of these actuators, following the second ebay link given above.

I learned that the maximum push load is 330lbs and that one typical application for these devices is "the wedding system" - the mind boggles!!!

Latest posts

Back