Lidl diamond files

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a quick look in local Adl n Lidi (!) today, none in stock in either. Not so unusual, I've noticed before that when UK members say something's in stock in the UK stores, they've either been & gone from the stores here, or sometimes appear here a couple of weeks after UK.

Haven't noticed any diamond files (or clamps) in either here recently so will check again in a week or so.

Thanks chaps.

OK, will be in there again on Thursday - the weekly shop day.

Thanks - see decal attached to my forehead - "WARNING: Engage brain before operating mouth - AND keyboard" :D

If they haven't got them I can post some to you, assuming I haven't stirred up too much interest and are met with crowds fleeing with armfuls.

Pete

Racers":1lmdlwg1 said:
assuming I haven't stirred up too much interest and are met with crowds fleeing with armfuls.
If that has happened, you can always blame it on Paul Sellers...!!

I will pick up an extra set just in case, £2,99 isn't going the break the bank.

Pete

AES":3n399l4b said:
Had a quick look in local Adl n Lidi (!) today, none in stock in either. Not so unusual, I've noticed before that when UK members say something's in stock in the UK stores, they've either been & gone from the stores here, or sometimes appear here a couple of weeks after UK.
Uh, maybe these would help:
http://www.lidl.ch/de/index.htm
http://www.aldi-suisse.ch/de/

Tasky":2x15rtuo said:
But only a few quid and hopefully enough to hold a board to my worktop end until I can get some decent short sashes...
Yes they're very useful for that, it's primarily what I rely on mine for but I couldn't count the number of clamping and holding operations they've actually been involved in, including oddball stuff like holding C-clamps down to the bench so they wouldn't move as a ghetto metalworking vice.

Even the wee ones can be handy, even if they do look like toys. But the medium and large sizes you'd obviously get the most use out of.

Tasky":2x15rtuo said:
I don't fancy sawing down my 1500mm ones, as I might need them one day!
Yes you don't want to cut down a longer clamp if you can help it!

If you're after some cheapie sash clamps even the Silverline ones are apparently all right after the Sellers upgrades.

AES":1gs5x7bp said:
I'll be back!
"Only in a re-run..." :p :lol:

ED65":1gs5x7bp said:
If you're after some cheapie sash clamps even the Silverline ones are apparently all right after the Sellers upgrades.
Pretty much what I have right now, really. Might be Rolson rather than Silverline, but the same basic thing.

I picked up two sets on my way home last night, first impressions is that they are small, but look very useful for smaller stuff.

Pete

Just picked up a set along with magnetic tool holder and digital angle finder

The clamps did look a little flimsy

What one-handed operation clamps would you recommend to be suitably strong enough for laminating. Looking for something with at least a 40cm opening

Thanks

Ewan

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Got two 4-packs of the small and medium clamps. They seem pretty good for clamping stuff... and if I break them, they didn't cost me much.
Got some of the diamond files too, which I'll use if the wife decides they don't work for her jewellery making.

Also got one of those jigsaws since I only have this naff old Bosch thing I inherited, which is barely bigger than my palm and looks more like it would struggle to build balsawood models for hobby railways... which I suspect was the intended purpose to begin with. It certainly doesn't saw straight any more.

Aldi doing DIY next week, wherein I shall likely spend the last pennies of this month's hard-earned on more cheap gubbins!!

E-wan":2mvr8cu0 said:
What one-handed operation clamps would you recommend to be suitably strong enough for laminating.
There's a recommendation on page one of the thread for Axi and Rutlands versions, you could take a look at those. And obviously there's Bessey if you can stretch to it.

But I doubt any clamps of this sort are ideal for PVA users because it has the highest pressure requirement of all glues for maximum joint strength. This is not directly because of worries about robustness, but whether they're actually capable of applying sufficient pressure to used spread apart a reasonable distance while still achieving invisible or nearly invisible glue lines (which are strongest).

Tasky":2596hdk7 said:
Also got one of those jigsaws since I only have this naff old Bosch thing I inherited, which is barely bigger than my palm and looks more like it would struggle to build balsawood models for hobby railways... which I suspect was the intended purpose to begin with.

I had a DIY book published by Bosch in 1984 iirc that actually stated that jigsaws would never be much use for anything over 6mm. :?

Latest posts

Back