lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windows20

Established Member
Reaction score
how do all

ok got my self a record power cornet lathe.
will this be ok to get me started will take some picks tom with the bits i had with it. can i still get bits for it looks old and is very heavy. cant wait to try it out not done turning since school.

andy

They are lovely little lathes, but make sure when setting it up that you get the tailstock and headstock aligned before tightening it all down.

Spares are pretty easy as a lot of it is much the same sizes as the smaller records made now

Pete

Good little lathes, as Pete says make sure everything is lined up on assembly, bed supports the correct way round if it has been dis-assembled for instance.

Quite a few users on the Members Lathes List

hi
this is what i had
IMAGE_019.jpg

IMAGE_020.jpg

IMAGE_021.jpg

the chuck thing on this is a bit of a pane to put together so is there any thing better i can use.

thanks
andy

hi
ok got my lathe set up this morn then could not help my self had to have a go.so had a look round for a scrap bit of wood and ended up with this.
IMAGE_023.jpg

just put it between 2 centres
time to hit you tube know see what i can learn.

andy

hi all
sorry to be pane here but can you recommend a good chuck for my lathe please. and whats the difference with mt1 and mt2.

thanks again
andy

Chuck wise check the thread size of the lathe (probably 3/4 x 16) and then, depending on your budget any one of the Supanova, Patriot, etc would be fine. MT1 is the size of the taperon the tail and headstockmof Record lathes. and if you need to buy any pen mandrels, jacobs chucks, drive centres etc you will need to make sure that they have this taper.

Pete

hi all
just a thank you for the help.just ordered Supernova2 Professional Scroll Chuck - Summer Special 2 from yandles.
thanks again

andy

Back