Kid’s Desk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidte1974

Reaction score
Hi makers, I’m very slowly building furniture for my kid’s rooms, This is the latest desk made with cherry. It took an age, luckily my daughter was patient! A friend did kindly lend me his Domino though which really sped things up! I hope it gives some useful ideas.
Regards, David

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0735.jpeg
    IMG_0735.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hi makers, I’m very slowly building furniture for my kid’s rooms, This is the latest desk made with cherry. It took an age, luckily my daughter was patient! A friend did kindly lend me his Domino though which really sped things up! I hope it gives some useful ideas.
Regards, David
Looks awesome, love the details around the drawers, well done👍

That’s a beautiful desk, it’s left me disappointed though, that I have reached an age where I feel overwhelmingly jealous of someone’s workshop floor! Where did it all go so wrong!
Ha, know the feeling. I’m always trying to keep the floor clean though, I avoid splashing paint or glue on it as I normally would. I am very fortunate with my workspace, I just got the workshop set up recently after years of none then a tiny space in the back of an asbestos garage - so very cold! Was only big enough to make small boxes so it’s great to give bigger stuff a go now.

That’s really very nice David, I shall have to try Cherry again- I had a bad lot once- looks a good colour.
Ian
Thanks Ian, I just tried cherry recently and found it nice to work with. The sapwood was a bit crumbly and soft in places though.
I understand it will get quite a lot darker with exposure to UV light so it’ll be interesting to see the colour in a year or so. I expect they’ll be pale patches under pencil pots!

Latest posts

Back