Is this a good place to say hello?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John933

Reaction score
Just joined the site.

Why? Just got my hand's on some wood working kit. And know a cheap place to get wood. Been looking at You Tube, and all the wood working video. So the next stage is to find a place that has some like minded people. Why here? Simple, it was at the top of the list on my search engine.

What have I got. It's all home DIY kit. A pull through chop saw. Table saw. Small sanding belt. Flat bed planner. Band saw. Plus a router. With all the hand tool's you could ever want, and some you don't.

Where am I? Just out side King's Lynn, in Norfolk. That's in the UK.
Age 70. I can remember when they where planting the tree's I'm now using in my small work shop.

Other interest's. Motor bike's. Travel.

What I want to do, is make a router table. At the moment I've just got out of hospital with a hand operation. So that's going to keep me out of the shed for at least two week's, could be more.

What next? I'm thinking of getting a pillar drill. I have some spare cash, So the question is. Is a pillar drill a good idea for the next bit of kit?

Thank's for reading. Will be back.
John933

:D :D

Hi John, welcome to the community, you'll find lots of useful info on here and will get great advice on any questions you have. As to getting a pillar drill, yes most certainly do. When you decide on what your budget is you could ask in the buying advice/ tool review section.

Welcome John,

This is a brilliant forum for info etc - I'm learning a lot from it. There are some real experts here.

My tip is if you haven't got one already you should make yourself a good bench. Lots of examples on Utube.

John

Hi John, from another newbie just starting out. Plenty of people here to give honest advice and critiques, and a wee bit of friendly banter. Also some bloody good ideas of things to make.

Welcome John, as has been said there is a wealth of talented people on this site, there are a few rules which you should read, other than that ask as many questions as you like (no question is too stupid either).
There are also a few bikers here.

Stew

Baldhead":1ufp2xqf said:
Welcome John, as has been said there is a wealth of talented people on this site, there are a few rules which you should read, other than that ask as many questions as you like (no question is too stupid either).
There are also a few bikers here.

Stew

Just don't mention sharpening :lol: :lol: :lol:

G'day John. You couldn't have picked a better place for advice, ideas and some friendly banter. Hope the hand improves quickly.

Latest posts

Back