Into clock making cases

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more progress, did another dry run, a further clock to be inserted in top frame,

10w.jpg

and then garden duties interrupted further progress, I had to clear out the runner bean patch.

sept 2014 beans.jpg

And this morning I have been hit by an allergy attack to my eye working in the garden so might be off a few days.

Attachments

• 10w.jpg
    10w.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,256
  • sept 2014 beans.jpg
    sept 2014 beans.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,256
Hi John,

devonwoody":254jopzs said:
What do you think I could use instead , bearing in mind modern day youngsters most probably would never maintain during the next 40 years?

What about shellac with a "top" coat of wax?

Neil

First clock case nearing completion, a glass front plus mouldings and inscription are still to be done.

11w.jpg

I have put a teak oil finish to the carcass because I wanted a shine, it went on very easily, just got out one of my 1" oil painting nylon brushes.

The white corner pieces are to hold the clocks from coming forward out of the casing and also provide some ornament decoration (to me) and a function.

Attachments

• 11w.jpg
    11w.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,197
I did some more work on the clock and strapped the movements at rear of carcass using some aluminium strip.

13w.jpg

Couldn't resist posting this picture of clock in our LR. you may recognise some of the other items from previous years and other members work.

12w.jpg

Glass to be fitted and another smaller box construction now to be commenced.

Attachments

• 13w.jpg
    13w.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 12w.jpg
    12w.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,173
Finished off this box as well yesterday, this one is a surprise for the wedded couple.

A glass front has now been added and mouldings spot glued to carcass in addition brass screws surround the front in case of glass breakage.

The reason for two clocks is that my grandson is to live in Germany at the present time so his wife can see British time in addition to European time when he is on his travels.

12w finished.jpg

Attachments

• 12w finished.jpg
    12w finished.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Finished off this box as well yesterday, this one is a surprise for the wedded couple.

A glass front has now been added and mouldings spot glued to carcass in addition brass screws surround the front in case of glass breakage.

The reason for two clocks is that my grandson is to live in Germany at the present time so his wife can see British time in addition to European time when he is on his travels.

12w finished.jpg

Attachments

• 12w finished.jpg
    12w finished.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Back