Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3209.jpeg

I didn't say just "non-plug-in" hybrids have regenerative braking. Obviously EVs and PHEVs also have regenerative braking. I was merely saying that the big boost in efficiency of non-plug-in hybrids is the regenerative braking. Plug in stuff has other advantages as well.
Once again, what point are you trying to make?

I didn't say just "non-plug-in" hybrids have regenerative braking. Obviously EVs and PHEVs also have regenerative braking. I was merely saying that the big boost in efficiency of non-plug-in hybrids is the regenerative braking. Plug in stuff has other advantages as well.
Once again, what point are you trying to make?
Your statement “…in fact the big advantage of non-plug-in hybrids is that regenerative braking…” implies that other types of vehicle do not have this advantage. I was simply trying to be accurate.

Perhaps the forum could automatically recycle jokes from the JOKES 1 thread.

With a bit of luck "goldfish syndrome" will kick in. They do say the old ones are the best - and if lucky we may laugh again at that which amused us first time around.

The hybrid regenerative braking issue, interesting though it is, does not function terribly well as a rib tickler!!

An electric motor is a generator and a generator is a motor (put electricity in and it'll spin, spin it without putting electricity in and it'll generate electricity - as well as drag; which can act to slow down a car using said motor). Hence you can get away with very little use of mechanical brakes.

That said, given the ropey build quality of Teslas I'd be surprised if that many make it to 162,000 miles ;)
In other words; 'Dynamic Braking' as per locomotives.

Back