Intarsia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice , it's called segmentation if it made from one piece of wood- you may like to use stains it gives a bit of depth
Making/ trying Homemade stains can be fun to do and just now you can collect conker shells in abundance and plenty of fruit about

Keep up the good work

John

Food dyes can be found in a wide range of colours both in both liquid and gel form and either one can be diluted.
I uses the liquid ones and all the differing shades of green brown and grey in this piece were diluted from the original concentrate.
2014-06-04_15-57-18_429.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-06-04_15-57-18_429.jpg
    2014-06-04_15-57-18_429.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 840
The wife said it was morrison's food colouring. I wanted entire pieces to be coloured so I made no effort to stop it leeching into surrounding areas but I can see how that might be a problem. Have you tried accrylic paint? You can mix that with black or white to adjust the shade and it'll go on sufficiently thin so you can still see the grain.

Hi Brian, to answer your question, I made the pattern smaller to suit the piece of wood that was available. Thanks for your kind comment.

Latest posts

Back