I found this bit of wood you see!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bean

Have to agree with Woodbloke, the lid does look like there is a gap at the front. Still they are beautiful boxes and I would also be interested in seeing the hinges in more detail.

regards

Brian

Ohhh rob thats a nasty huge gap on those mitres

Hi Brian I would like to oblige but i suspect that I may have made them wrong aswell :?

so much for posting eh!

Bean, don't be offended, I'm sure Rob is just trying to help. I for one really like the boxes, and like other's would be interested in seeing the hinges in more detail, I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts and are glad for you posting this project and I hope you continue to do so.

Byron sorry but I am, its quite ridiculous the super special vision which enables people to see through an image is ..... well better left unsaid. But in my possibly slanted view is one of the reasons why this forum is now mainly about building sheds and laying out workshops.

Is it any wonder people do not post as much as they used to, I certainly have not posted very much of my work here, much to the disdain of some of the mods who have seen it and nagged me in the past to post. I do not expect it to be to everybodies taste, but i do not expect to be told that what I know to be true is not!
Neither do I expect special treatment, certainly as I do not reserve it for other people

I do not post for my benefit as I can see, feel and hold the boxes. The shapes and the way i try to use the natural shape and colour of the timber. I assumed it would be of interest to some on here, who are looking for things to try, not to shoot down.

well Bean, I for one (and SWMBO, so maybe thats two) find your boxes rather appealing, and especially the fact you make your own hinges to compliment the wood used in the box making. and such a great way of using shorter offcuts , too thin to turn and to short to make anything larger
=D> =D> =D>

Thank you neil and neils swmbo, your are right though the hinges came out of my not quite firewood box, which if you ask tony is extensive, I do not throw much away

bean, i for one find them very nice and proof that most of us cannot take proper pictures.

i think that one of the problems with the top box is the curves along the lid, they tend to make the eye think it is less straight and level than it might look in real life.

there certainly seems to be a variation in the gap on the left hand edge, but along the front any change is i am sure due to the central curve.

none the less they are truly nice boxes, and worthy of any compliments.

paul :wink:

woodbloke":18524o0f said:
Bean - nowt wrong with my lamps :

Having seen this very box on two separate occasions (2nd time was this afternoon), I would say that you are wrong and really need to get to that optician. There is slight gap of approx. 0.75mm or so all around the lid which is clearly evident from the second photograph.

I must say Rob, I found your first 2-3 posts in this thread pretty rude and condescending and it isn't even my box.

Back