Home made scroll saw bench slope or not to slope?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrimper.

I know exactly where you are coming from, when I worked as an industrial electrical eng, I always saved any machine screws from defective switch gear/breakers, contactors etc, also copper buss bars, brass plates etc, one big snag, continually having to convince the wife that it will all be useful one day. :roll:
When working it was known as the get me out the s**t spares box, two to three in the morning, you need to fix quick, without a backup stores to call on.

Sorry a bit of topic.

Take care.

Chris R.

ChrisR":17pl9mah said:
Scrimper.

I know exactly where you are coming from, when I worked as an industrial electrical eng, I always saved any machine screws from defective switch gear/breakers, contactors etc, also copper buss bars, brass plates etc, one big snag, continually having to convince the wife that it will all be useful one day. :roll:
When working it was known as the get me out the s**t spares box, two to three in the morning, you need to fix quick, without a backup stores to call on.

Sorry a bit of topic.

Take care.

Chris R.

So glad I am not the only one! I also save brass and copper from electrical fittings I even have a drawer of various brass pins from plus in different sizes such as 2a 5a 15a and 13a believe it or not I use them as bearings for the whirligigs I make, hammer one into a hole and the hole where the wire goes makes a good bearing for a shaft.

I am lucky in that we have lot's of space here and I have a special shed to store all my 'scrimped' items.

I never throw anything away without stripping it down and removing any useful bits to be saved in my shed! :)

Scrimper.

We must be long lost brothers.

We are just to much alike. :?

I am going to tell the wife, she thinks I am the only one. (hammer)

Take care.

Chris R.

I recently got 3 printers and a photocopier, all working, from Freecycle. I stripped them down for all the bits and even cut the plastics up with the scroll saw so I could save the usable bits. There must be a thousand tiny screws, all the same size, but I won't throw them away. Trouble is, I can never find that part that I need, like the bump stop for the Hegner top arm at the back, and I am going to begrudge paying 2 quid for a new one. :)
Martin.

Back