Help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedman

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all

I’m hoping somebody can help me. I have a piece of kitchen worktop that I’ve been asked to make into the base for a top end vinyl record player. I’ve cut the jig, but it appears that the piece of worktop is not completely flat. It’s probably 750 mm x 500 mm in overall size. Is there anyone out there who might be able to flatten this for me? I should add the worktop is solid wood! All and any help gratefully received. Cash, beer, all that pleasant warm feeling of helping someone are all available. I am based near Kettering in Northamptonshire!

Last edited:
I’m thinking that you may have released tension in the worktop as you say you have ( cut the jig) it possible that even after flattening it the same will happen again. Watching a recent documentary on this same subject- of a top end turntable maker ( 4 figures) but I just can’t recall what wood they used . I do recall them saying it was the only wood they used as it was known for its stability and resistance to moving- program was how it’s made . If the worktop you are using is the butchers block type or other engineered type then a solid piece may be a better option .hope this helps..

Back