Hand saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheffield Tony":sxdd6vm8 said:
It is obviously a Thomas Flinn saw, it has the Garlick branding. and "Styles and Brown", whoever they are. It came in a Lynx branded box

It's enough to make you think that the last remaining Sheffield toolmaker has such a big choice of brands that they use as many as possible on each saw!

Seriously though, I think Styles and Brown are the proprietors of Axminster tools, aren't they?

Ahh, Ok. I forgot to mention it also of course has Axi's "Victor" branding on the etch too ..

I'm not entirely convinced that maintaining so many brands is a great idea for Thomas Flinn - rather than wading through the 5 or so brands and trying to sort out the key features, I'd prefer a table or checkboxes for features like straight/breasted, taper/flat ground, handle material etc.

I know you really meant Sheffield's "last sawmaker" not "last toolmaker" Andy - not to forget Clico/Clifton, Henry Taylor/Hamlet Craft tools, and Joseph Marples. Then there's Crown and Footprint - not sure how much of their stuff is their own and how much is rebranded; their saws look distinctly similar to Thomas Flinn products ...

Back