Hammer A3 spiral cutter block

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":1ziu58ee said:
Many thanks chaps. So from that I take it that one doesn't just buy Tersa knives and fit them in your average cutter block, rather you need to buy a dedicated Tersa cutter block as an after market upgrade?
You can get conversions for some blocks but not all or so I was lead to believe when I looked into converting my old Wadkin block to a tersa system.

This link really excited me -
http://www.ovevarik.com/inventions.htm
It shows a guy hows made a set up so he sharpens his own tersa blades. We use m42 blades which seemed alot better than hss but if this thing can only sharpen hss, but that quickly :!: it would be worth changing back to hss. At the moment I've got a 2 inch cardboard tube nearly full up of blunt tersa blades. Hopefully one day I can give them a new lease of life and save some pennies in the process :lol:
Coley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

For me, labour is my most expensive item, I would be wasting money on time spent sharpening a tersa blade, better to chuck it away after using both sides and bung new ones in, buy in bulk and they are fairly cheap.

doctor Bob":as4q2xyi said:
For me, labour is my most expensive item, I would be wasting money on time spent sharpening a tersa blade, better to chuck it away after using both sides and bung new ones in, buy in bulk and they are fairly cheap.

Perhaps that's where im going wrong. Just ordered 6 pairs (410 mm) and will see what the damage is. What kind of quantity are you thinking ? Think I looked into buying a roll of the stuff but wasn't doable for some reason.
Yeah I get that they're meant to be disposable, but if I could get an extra 1 sharpen (possibly 5 )and it only takes seconds its gotta be worth doing. In that video it looks foolproof so can't imagine it taking long. There must have been several times where I've thought the blades were getting dull then paid the price later sanding up.
Coley

P.s apologies for the tersa hijack bob ;)

Yes. I've got that many blunt ones id quite happily spend an hour altering the height though- admittedly its not as easy job compared to normal 'turn the knob on the outfeed' way ;) There was even talk of perhaps only altering one blunt bladeat a time but decided the remaining sharp one would just get blunt quicker :|

Latest posts

Back