Guidance needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the word from the highway cade and there is no mention of a speed limit in it.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_070338

I go along with everyone who has said to chuck it at your insurance company and if you still can't get through to the police then complain to the Ch Constable. He won't like being moaned at and should do something to make sure the sleeping policeman is woken up.

Good luck!!

This doesn't make sense to me

I always believed that should there be a crash where injuries are sustained, the police have to be involved and are required to investigate in order to determine if any of the drivers have been driving carelessly or dangerously. They would also routinely breathalise I think.

If the police have not done this, then why not? If they have then you are entitled to be informed of their conclusions. Questions must be asked and a complaint made to the chief constable if necessary IMO.

Secondly: no reputable insurance company would just accept the claim that you were 70% responsible when your version of events with witnesses, suggests otherwise!
They would seek to recover their costs from the other party. That is a very large part of their accountabilities and will only accept "knock for knock" in bog standard incidents. Your £15k + does not fall into this category! .....So....What the hell are they doing about it?

My opinion is that you shouldn't spend your time and energy trying to prove your case-----Instead put major pressure on the above to do their job properly and use the insurance ombudsman if necessary.

Hope you get it sorted, just don't expect instant results...... these wheels turn VERY slowly.

I'm with Bob with his post. It's not a knock for knock from what has been said. You should not be having to chase this problem. We all pay taxes (police) and we all pay for insurance (Cartel) so they have the time and our money what for, to work for us, the customer. Sounds like a kick up their backsides is required.
All the best.

If you mooch over to Pistonheads forum and look for "annasdad" (or similar) he seems to have significantly helped out forum members there with accident and insurance stuff.

I would certainly agree with others on this thread that attempting any sort of calculations etc on your own would be suicide in court - very easy to pick apart and have the case thrown out without even touching the main facts of the case.

HTH

Miles

An injury Road Traffic Accident?

Unless things have changed, the Police should have dealt with this and a pukka Examiner should have inspected and analysed the scene.

But I can't speak for a County Force! They always did have their own way of doing things, and as many of these fly-on-the-wall' police programmes will illustrate, they still do.

My commiserations if the folk in blue didn't do their job. You might have recourse via a complaint against the Police. I suppose there is no chance this could be another version of these 'staged accidents'?

Best of luck
John

Benchwayze":3bqqdn16 said:
An injury Road Traffic Accident?

Unless things have changed, the Police should have dealt with this and a pukka Examiner should have inspected and analysed the scene.

Only if the injuies were serious, ie life changing or fatal.

Hi Gary,

Maybe that is the difference between different Police Forces.

Any injury from a Road Traffic Accident has potential to become serious or life threatening, sooner or later. Hence be prepared. Good little Boy Scouts maybe, but it is always best safe than sorry. I don't think there was a 'year and a day' limit as with Homicide mind

All the same, whatever the injury, you don't know a thing until you arrive at the scene. Any mention of 'whiplash', and the flags would go up.

But I accept, these days the Police are far to busy clearing up crime, as opposed to preventing it. So they certainly wouldn't want to be bogged down dealing with a piffling Road Traffic Accident. Would they?

I hope modern day indolence hasn't spread to the Police Force, but it's beginning to look that way, judging from response times.
NMTBS!

John

Benchwayze":27irxuau said:
Hi Gary,

Maybe that is the difference between different Poloce Forces.

Any injury from a Road Traffic Accident has potentil to become serious or life threatening, sooner or later. Hence be prepared. Good little Boy Scouts maybe, but it is always best safe than sorry. I don't think there was a 'year and a day' limit as with Homicide mind

All the same, whatever the injury, you don't know a thing until you arrive at the scene. Any mention of 'whiplash', and the flags would go up.

Most are the same, all down to cost.

If it looks serious at the scene it is dealt with that way until a doctor or paramedic says otherwise.

Yes there is a time limit for a fatal collision lets face it, how would you feel if someone you had a collision with in 1976 died today and they came to quesion you about it?

Everyone seems to get whiplash theses days, all down to these injury lawyers. :roll:

Gary,

I have sent you a PM. I hope you read it and accept it in the spirit it's sent.
No malice.. Just despair.

Regards
John

The time limit for fatal accidents is 30 days.

In governments statistics if you live more than 30 days it is not counted as fatal in published statistics.

With improvements in medical care a lot of people live more than 30 days.

Another government way of keeping statistics down maybe!

Mick

Benchwayze":iof10tcs said:
Gary,

I have sent you a PM. I hope you read it and accept it in the spirit it's sent.
No malice.. Just despair.

Regards
John

No worries John, I hope you feel the same way about your reply.

Back